Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Hello from Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF. You are off to a great start. For most of the domainers (probably) it took a long time before being in black and for you to have that kind of success is a good indicator that you will do very well in this industry. Good Luck.

Domain summit 2024

WhoisChina

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Doron. I'm originally from the Netherlands but I moved to Hong Kong in 2006 to launch a online recruitment website (job board). I co-founded and worked for internet start-ups since my early twenties.

I started domaining while i was on a holiday a year ago when i found myself competing in a Namejet auction for a dropped job board domain i previously owned and really wanted to get back.

That day i learned that every day thousands of great domains (and even more not so great names) expire and the auction sites such as Namejet, Snapnames etc is where smart domainers are active these days to snap these names up before they come available for the rest of us folks.

I was instantly hooked and ever since i have been being buying several names each month. Many of them are related to personal or professional interests of mine such as the recruitment/talent industry, Hong Kong, bonsai, dogs etc. I started by buying keyword rich domains but I quickly shifted my focus to brandable names and collected quite a few of them over the past months. About 80% of my portfolio are .com but i also own around 30 LLL .co's and registered a couple new gTLD (i like the .Careers extension).

Today i own exactly 200 names, dropped 3 names and sold 6. I invested $17.9k so far and made $17.4k in revenue so i expect to break even within a couple of months. I've learned a lot by following a the industry blogs, love to watch the Domain Sherpa reviews (thumbs up for Michael Cyger!) and i hope to learn a lot more here on DN forum and get to know some of you!
my wechat: webbus ,whoischina
I'm work in shenzhen.

dv82

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF ...They just repainted and brought in all new furniture...enjoy!!! :D

dv82

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! A part of my portfolio (25 names) we're reviewed on a recent DomainSherpa.com show. The feedback on most of the names i submitted was positive but i don't think any of the sherpa's have a lot of faith in the .co extension!

Have a great week everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators