Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Hello From The New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjohnson

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Brian here, I have a couple of questions about the site and what is appropriate. Long story short is that I started to pick up some domains over at TDNAM about two months ago - so far so good.

I have purchased domains with inbound links, pr and what not. Most of the domains are between pr2 and p5 - many have links in the dmoz. My plan was to pick up these types of domains and then create sites.

To that end I have launched a bunch of new sites and many have already broken even ;-)

However I found this buying domain stuff quite addictive:crazy: and now have more than I can handle.

I want to post some of these domains for sale - probably on SEDO ...

Where would be the best category here on dnf to post a domain for sale when I want to go through SEDO?

One domain name is quite awesome and cost me a pretty penny - however leapfish appraised the domain at over $15,000 ...

it is a nine digit domain, one word - something that people spend about $500 - $1000 for their kids.

The term has a keyword ranking of about 39,000 on overture.

Thanks for the help ...
Brian

klklinc

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome Brian,
You can advertise your domain here in the 'domains for sale' section. If you do not want to put your own value on it put it in the 'offers' section. There are very few here who would go through Sedo if they can buy direct. Why pay the Fee's when you don't have to?? If you want the security of knowing you are going to get paid then go through an escrow service.....
IMHO you should forget the leapfish appraisal. Try estibot.com it's still a computer generated appraisal but much more accurate IMO.

Cheers,

Len.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Bayu

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF!

Wakana

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Brian, Welcome!

I'm also fairly new to this game and find it all pretty addictive. I've also read that most of the appraisal services are not very accurate. I purchased an appraisal from Sedo and they valued a domain at $4k that most people on the board said was closer to a couple hundred. Just put it out there and see what people offer. Let me know if you wanna swap tips and/or experience so far.

Master Chief

DN Sniper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNForum :eek:k:

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Brian
Welcome
Post your name for sale in as many places as possible
Try sedo, afternic, ebay, TDNAM, google, your own web site, this forum , 3 other forums, and anywhere else you can think of

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom