Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Help Appraise my Email (Sorry... Strange request)

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had [email protected] since 1996. Bigfoot, if you didn't already know, is a major player in the "free email redirection" market. For this reason, a lot of people use Bigfoot addresses to send out spam. My address, [email protected], receives many emails a day from people complaining to Bigfoot about spam, including the content of the spam messages. (I don't know how many, exactly. Several years ago, Bigfoot began limiting the number of emails forwarded through the free system to 50 a day -- and of course, I've never upgraded to their paid "unlimited" version).

So anyway, about once every 3 months or so, someone tries to hijack this email address from me by submitting a "change" order with Bigfoot. Of course, I do not approve the request. Not sure who's after this address or why, honestly.

So that's why I'm posting this thread. Maybe one of you sees the value of this address, and can help me appraise this email address.

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha, very nice!!! :santa:

FLe8 said:
I've had [email protected] since 1996. Bigfoot, if you didn't already know, is a major player in the "free email redirection" market. For this reason, a lot of people use Bigfoot addresses to send out spam. My address, [email protected], receives many emails a day from people complaining to Bigfoot about spam, including the content of the spam messages. (I don't know how many, exactly. Several years ago, Bigfoot began limiting the number of emails forwarded through the free system to 50 a day -- and of course, I've never upgraded to their paid "unlimited" version).

So anyway, about once every 3 months or so, someone tries to hijack this email address from me by submitting a "change" order with Bigfoot. Of course, I do not approve the request. Not sure who's after this address or why, honestly.

So that's why I'm posting this thread. Maybe one of you sees the value of this address, and can help me appraise this email address.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MasterOfTheDomain said:
Ha ha ha, very nice!!! :santa:

another member posting soley to gain DNF$

I really have no idea what an email address like that would be worth....sorry

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice address for those selling spamblocking / spyware blocking stuff, of course...

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I re-read my post above, and it is kind of confusing. I guess what I'm really looking for is some sort of idea as to why someone may be trying to steal this email address ([email protected]). It doesn't seem to have any value unless you like getting spam complaints. But perhaps someone out there would have use for this type of email. If so, who would that be?

Sorry this is such a strange question. It's just been bugging me for over a year (since someone has tried on numerous occassions to hijack this email from me), and I thought someone might have some insight.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't want this address, it probably gets filled with spam reports.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
I wouldn't want this address, it probably gets filled with spam reports.

Exactly. Neither would I. But someone does, apparently. Just curious who.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol i get enough spam as it is to my 15 accounts or so.. :s

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Upgrade to unlimited and setup a auto-responder with a bunch of info about how to stop spam, and of course include some affiliate links to spam blockers, virus scanners, etc similar to what JuniperPark suggested ...

And that also probably why some folks are trying to hijack it ... go unlimited for like a month (takes money to make money; would help you better determine number of emails coming through) and try the affiliate link thing ... you may be surprised how much you make :)

Ron

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
valuenames said:
Upgrade to unlimited and setup a auto-responder with a bunch of info about how to stop spam, and of course include some affiliate links to spam blockers, virus scanners, etc similar to what JuniperPark suggested ...

And that also probably why some folks are trying to hijack it ... go unlimited for like a month (takes money to make money; would help you better determine number of emails coming through) and try the affiliate link thing ... you may be surprised how much you make :)

Ron

Beautiful suggestion. I can't believe I hadn't thought of this! I will definitely try this.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeffreyw said:
I'm currently working for Bigfoot. :)

Really, what do you do? How large are they now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom