Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help me name my company

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My company is currently a U.S. sole proprietorship. However, within the next few months, I am planning to quit my day job and work full-time on my business. I plan to register my business as an LLC (limited liability corporation) in the state of Oklahoma.

My selected brand is Einsteinium (I have einsteinium.com, .org, .biz, .us).

I am open to any and all feedback (good or bad) on the following points (or any others you can think of):

1. Is this brand memorable?
2. As a private computer consultant and web developer I want a brand that presents my company as capable, but not ostentatious -- smart, but not pretentious -- fun, but not incompetent. I like the "intelligent" sound of this brand, but I don't want to come across sounding like a toy store or a know-it-all. Have I succeeeded?
3. Is this brand easy enough to spell? It's easy for me, but I have post-graduate education and above average IQ and spelling capabilities. Is the average Joe going to have trouble with this one? I have es99.com (the chemical symbol/atomic number) which I may use for email to make it easier on people. Will this just confuse things, or is this a good idea?
4. To my knowledge no one is using this brand (USPTO TM search comes up empty). However, since this is the name of an element, should I contact any chemistry governing body for permission to use this brand? How about Albert Einstein's estate? Note that many other elements are in common use as company names (i.e., hydrogen.com, helium.com, oxygen.com, iridium.com, etc.), but I don't know what hurdles they had to clear.

Thanks in advance for any feedback (legal or otherwise) you wish to proffer.

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I have feedback on one thing. Number 3. I think the spelling isn't the easiest. Too many vowels to mix up, "I before E, except after C", ahh! Though once you got it down, its easy to remember correctly. (For me, at least).

I think you should have a shorter name. I personally don't think it is too brandable, and not 'techie' enough for the field you are in.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback. I should clarify a few things:

1. The nature of my business includes web design and development, Internet / e-commerce consulting, local PC consulting, direct and online sales, and small business development.
2. Each of my online ventures will be branded separately, as part of the Einsteinium network. I have around 400 domains in my portfolio, and most of these are earmarked for internal use. The Einsteinium brand is meant to be an umbrella brand.

Thanks again for all your feedback. I look forward to more responses!

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It sounds a bit pretentious to me.
Like others, I advise you to use a different name.

WODomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Spelling isn't too easy if someone has heard of your company...

Say they have been told about your company/business and one day thought "Ah I want to check out that site", would they be able to remember the sites exact spelling from memory a few months later?

HHH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO - It seems too long and is not going to be spelled correctly... especially when trying to tell people the name over the phone.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yikes, I can't imagine why anyone would use that name. Its to confusing. You don't want to confuse your clients/customers. Nobody could ever remember that domain. If you do go with it, get the obvious typo domains aswell.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with others. You may want to name your company Einsteinium, but you should consider something much shorter and easier to spell and remember for the domain name.

For example - TraffixZ.com is a product of "Digital Convergence". They picked a shorter "brand" name despite having a long company name.

Len

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would have to say that's a bad domain/brand.

How about making something cool up, like "EnvisionNext" (already a design agency).

2Next.com or something. I budgeted about $1,000 for a (very) small corporate brand and am quite satisfied.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got something perfect for this but it will cost a pretty penny :)

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Einteinium is pretentious and obscure and hard to say and spell and doesn't connote the nature of the services.

Normally, I charge big bucks for my consulting services at NamingSystems.com.

However, occasionally, I help out a small entity to increase my good karma.

Don't feel too badly, I don't think much of the name TrafficZ.com either.

selfdom.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree not easily spelled. I also think it is too long, and that the Einstein may be memorable, but the -ium will be easily forgotten and confused. Go memorable. Go short. Go shopping. selfdom.com

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Haha. Well I am certainly outnumbered on this one, and I really appreciate the straw poll. One thing that I assumed everyone would know (but was probably good that I didn't come right out and say) is that einsteinium is an element (atomic number 99), and therefore a dictionary word. I thought that perhaps using a dictionary word -- especially one that contains the familiar name of a famous intellectual) would increase the recognition factor, but your comments above prove that this is simply not the case. I have therefore decided to keep my options open, and use a different brand when the right one arises.

P.S. Daddy -- it's even worse than that, it's TraffixZ.com. It is evident that you may be the only one in this thread worth their salt when it comes to good branding. Any help you wish to profer would be much appreciated.

P.P.S. Jordan -- feel free to PM me any domain offers with pricing. I am always open to suggestions, especially if you will consider domains in trade. My portfolio is at http://www.supremedomains.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom