Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Help! My contact information is on a domain that is not mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zearo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ack!

I was cleaning out my WHM (Web Host Manager) and went to take off some old hostees.

I realized that a domain that used to be mine is now being used by someone else for and adult site.

I don't know what happened. I created the domain, and I am pretty sure I did not let it expire, if I did - someone reactivated it under my information.

I don't know if it was stolen from me, or what happened, but when I to it it gives me an adult site. What I am really concered about though is when I looked at the whois information, my contact info is there. Well, my old contact info from years ago.

I don't ever remember selling it, I don't care about the domain, I just don't want my contact information being associated with the adult site. It is not mine.

How can I fix this?

Thank you all for your help!

Domain Days 2024

Zearo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay, I will try that - it is on an old email address, but I think msn may let me revive it. Hopefully. Ha.

I looked again, other than my first name being in the email address, the rest of the contact information is sketchy, there is no address, and my initials were used.

It was one of the first domains I ever regg'ed which is why I put flakey information - ha. didn't want to be harrassed online back then. well, still don't.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can also report the misleading whois info
http://wdprs.internic.net/

The registrar should then be informed and attempt to contact the registrant (that is you). If you ignore their request I believe the name might ultimately be deleted :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom