Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Help needed for a phone call - $10 offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

We paid to purchase a domain from buydomains.com but now they need to call us by phone to confirm the order, there's no alternative option if we wont the domain :)

I know it sounds as very ridiculous but I'm the only to have a "minimum acceptable English knowledge" in our group and here's the problem: while I can write in English with no particular problem, I meet many problems with the spoken English, I've a bad pronunciation (never been abroad, I should make some more exercises of spoken English) and I'm unable to understnd all what the other party says ... I hate talking with my bad pronunciation and having several comprehension problems, I'd feel very ridiculous and frustrated in that situation.

Now, who would be so kind to help me confirming our domain order, please ?
We offer $10 for the courtesy + $5 for your phone call + future free help in case you should ever need something from Italy of course :)

Please, PM me if interested in more details or email at: [email protected]

P.S.: The fun thing is that I know people with an English knowledge worst than mine and an horrible pronunciation compared to mine (which's already ov very, very poor quality) but they've no problem in talking with others while I'm used to do only what I know I can do perfectly ...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainEmpire.com said:
P.S.: The fun thing is that I know people with an English knowledge worst than mine and an horrible pronunciation compared to mine (which's already ov very, very poor quality) but they've no problem in talking with others while I'm used to do only what I know I can do perfectly ...
I hope you won't mind my poking in here (as I'll leave it to others in the States to take the offer). But as a former ESL teacher, I would strongly recommend you start LISTENING more. Don't waste your time on those formal learning materials or courses (as I know that you must be too busy for them). Instead, find yourself an English radio channel (perhaps BBC); just leave it on for say a couple of hours or as long as possible during the day. In the very beginning, you don't even need to stay focus on its content at all, just get yourself used to the flow of the language. Most people who have difficulty understanding English simply cannot get hold of the words they already know. So the first thing you need to do is to strengthen your listening skill, which is more important and a pre-requisite for improving your spoken English. You should be able to see siginificant improvement in 3 - 4 months, esp. if you can find something interesting to listen to. :)

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi nameslave,

Thanks for the useful suggestion, it's the first time I see things in this way: learning to listen spoken English and doing it as a daily exercise ... Yes, it sounds as very exciting to do and, considering I spend many hours online every day (working time), I might begin by listening something through live365.com and with the time I should become more familiar with the sound of the words and pronunciation.

My real problem is that when I hear someone speaking English, I'm unable to focalize my attention on what he says because I'm always afraid I'll be unable to understand him without even trying to catch the general meaning of the sentences ... Ok, from now I'll take seriously my "learning work" because it should be fun calling people from other countries and communicating with them in live voice, only a good English knowledge can allow me to do that.

Problem solved, thread closed.

Thanks to the people who contacted me privately to offer their help, really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom