Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey there

I have a domain listed on Godaddy auctions that got a bid for my asking price of mid $xxxx. Right before this bid was placed, I changed the asking price to low $xxxx. Once I saw the bid, I raised the asking price back up but it had to be more than the bid (so I made it $5 more). My question is...when the auction ends, will that bidder win even though their bid is under the asking price?

I did call GoDaddy to confirm that a bid was indeed placed, but hadn't thought up this question yet. I was on hold forever (must be busy right now) which ate up my minutes so I'm hoping somebody here has an answer.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

I went ahead and called GoDaddy and burnt through another $2 in minutes. What I found out is kind of messed up.

The GoDaddy rep I talked to earlier told me there was indeed a bid on the auction for $xxxx. When I called back and talked to somebody different, he put me on hold for 10-15 minutes while he tried to figure out what was going on. The bid was showing up on the auctions page under Domain Manager, but not on the actual auction page (although it did show it under Auction Listings on GoDaddy Auctions).

He came back after 10-15 minutes and told me that that bid was actually an offer as part of an offer/counter-offer. I was never aware of this offer and it has since expired. The rep was acting really weird when I told him I wasn't aware of the offer/counter-offer...don't know what's up with that. I never got an e-mail from GoDaddy about the offer.

I'd be more pissed if I didn't have a big sale yesterday but it still irks me. I'm guessing I fell through the cracks and never got notified of the offer? It is a solid domain so hopefully there will be another interested buyer. I just wish they had made the offer on Sedo.

Time to not think about it anymore...

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM sent.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom