Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

help needed (questions) about auction script

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am going to be building an auction website soon. I never worked with scripts before but I know html really well. Can the layout of the website be any way you want it? I want to be able to customize all the pages 100%. Can you programmers give me some tips, thanks.

DarkestWeb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You will need to say what language you are going to be working with. PHP, CGI, ASP, JSP ? some are way easier to customize than others, and the right script is written with templates to make your job that much easier.

I always look at http://www.hotscripts.com when I want something new.

Originally posted by eddie1278
I am going to be building an auction website soon. I never worked with scripts before but I know html really well. Can the layout of the website be any way you want it? I want to be able to customize all the pages 100%. Can you programmers give me some tips, thanks.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if i get a php script can't i paste it into he html code? So what your saying is scripts and websites are both designed together? You can't put a script into a premade website, it has to be designed specifically for it?

DarkestWeb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
More or less correct. Basically the script would be the site. You would edit templates or insert html here and there to make the script display like you wanted.

Just plugging in something to do a full auction site is probably not going to happen, you will take an auction script and modify it's look to meet your requirements.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok so i can add graphics and move objects around like buttons in the script?

DarkestWeb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Either you can , or depending on how advanced your skills are you may have to have someone else do it but yes it can certainly be done.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i went to phpauction.org and they have all the features i want in the scripts. The only thing is the webpage templates are soo ugly. I want to make the template my way. It costs $249 and I wanna make sure I can customize the look of my site before i buy.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for your help darkestweb im off to bed now its 2am cant really think anymore,lol

DarkestWeb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for that script exclusively but I can speak for those that are similar. Most of the time they will have a template file or templates stored in a database that you can edit. Inside those templates will be a mixture of html and php tags. You may see something like..

table
tr
td
php tag to show logged in users
/td
/tr
/table

So long as you leave the tags alone you can change the colors, put graphics in there etc. If you know html you should be able to do this no problem.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can do whatever you want with the look.
But you must know how to do it.

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

Before you make the purchase check out http://www.usanetcreations.com

They have an incredible auction script for around $80
Support and service are top notch and the header and footer
can be confgured using your own html.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom