Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help Please - ansett.co.nz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a few domains set up to point directly to my homepage www.domainworld.co.nz

One of my best names for traffic is www.ansett.co.nz an airline co that is no longer operating in this country.

Problem is, sometimes when I type this domain directly into my browser (IE6) it goes somewhere else. Like last month it went to www.ansett.com so i reset it on my server and it seemed to sort itself out. Now i have tried it again and it seems to go to an Air New Zealand website.

Questions are these:
1) Can someone else be mucking with the redirection of this domain without access to my server?
2) if not how can this be happening?
3) what do you see when you type in www.ansett.co.nz? is it the domain world site or is it something else.

Really appreciate any help or clarification.

Thanks Dingo

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3. DomainWorld site.

Lats...

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can't help much with NZ domains - but the domain world shows up for me to. It'll take a lot more info to fix this - but I think it's fixable.

It's not a case of someone accessing your server however, that's for sure - else you would have a lot more problems on that page.

Dingo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks DC
When you say "It'll take a lot more info to fix this - but I think it's fixable." what sort of info do you mean? Who should I ask? Is this the right forum?

Thanks
Dan

GypsyBee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Something like that should be taken up with whomever is hosting your sites and your ISP provider. They can help you better. It could be a DNS problem with your ISP, i.e. if you aren't using a static IP number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom