Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help Selling Domains - the process and transfer part

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgraham34

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a few domain names parked at godaddy.com that I want to auction/sell in the near future.

Having never done this, is it quite easy to transfer a domain name from one person to the next?

Will godaddy charge me a fee for transferring it to a new owner or does the new owner pay that?

Is there a "time holding" for a domain name or could I get one today and sell it tomorrow with no issues?

I hear sedo.com alot for auctions, but what are some of the other places I could use and where is the best site to auction off adult domains?

Furthermore, are there any domain veterans out there who have far more exposure than I, that would help me list or promote an auction of domain names and take a percentage of the sale?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
Flout Dog

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few domain names parked at godaddy.com that I want to auction/sell in the near future.

you should not park at godaddy imo, use one or a mix of the following....
sedo/domainsponsor/parked/parkingpanel/ or one of the other popular ppc's

Having never done this, is it quite easy to transfer a domain name from one person to the next?
usually it is, depends on the registrar sometimes as to how fast or how long it may take

Will godaddy charge me a fee for transferring it to a new owner or does the new owner pay that?
new owner should pay fee's related to transfers

Is there a "time holding" for a domain name or could I get one today and sell it tomorrow with no issues?

registrars will not allow a transfer of a "New' domain registration within a "60 day" period, however you can register a new domain today and "push" it to a buyer who has an account with the SAME registrar, where the registrar has this option

I hear sedo.com alot for auctions, but what are some of the other places I could use and where is the best site to auction off adult domains?

besides sedo, moniker has domain auctions as well as afternic, you can also have auctions here at DNF

Furthermore, are there any domain veterans out there who have far more exposure than I, that would help me list or promote an auction of domain names and take a percentage of the sale?

check the "Brokerage" section here if you want a broker to help you sell your names, but ask for references.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
Flout Dog[/QUOTE]

ClickEarn

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You do not need any 3rd parties to sell or buy a domain name. You can create
a buy/sell contract have both parties sign, buyer pays. You then create a NEW
account at the registrar then "Push" the domain name from your existing account to the new account/ Make sure that all the buyers information
is in the new account INCLUDING his email address then send him a detailed
email on how to login at that registrar with the set of passwords.

Warn the buyer that it is his responsibility to maintain the registration nad
the key to him not losing his new domain name is that he keeps a current email address in the whois record and that he checks his email regularly

Then send him the email and KEEP A COPY FOR YOURSELF ALWAYS
This will save your rear should he let the domain expire and blame it on you :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom