Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help the newbie. Sedo appraisals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relationships

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody.
That's my first message to DNF. I have started buying domains a week ago.
Sedo appraised one of my domains at 500 brit pounds. (waroniraq.co.uk). Is it realistic? I am currently a gold member :cry: so i can't post the rest of my domains at the appraisal forum. :cry:
Thank you.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi subc0nci0us and welcome.

I recomend you read the thread below, and pay particular attention to the posts by beatz and the replys by the SEDO representative.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12606&highlight=Sedo

I agree with beatz's take on paid appraisals.

500 pounds ($800 us) for that name seems extremely high for a name with a fast aproaching stale date. One thing that Sedo (and other appraisers) know is that if your asking for a paid appraisal, you are most likely new at the domain game.

I will say that Sedo paid appraisals are the closest to being "realistic" that i've seen, in comparison to the rest of the companies that offer paid appraisals.

It would be interesting to see appraised values if the appraiser would guarantee you, even 10%, of their appraised value. In other words, Sedo would look much more compitent if they guaranteed you 50 brit pounds if you didn't sell your name for 500 pounds, say, within a year on their site. If they had this guarantee,I doubt they would have given waroniraq.co.uk a 500 pound appraisal.

EDIT: Having said all that, you could get an offer of 1000 or more today. Doubtful but possible

Cheers

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharpy

I will say that Sedo paid appraisals are the closest to being "realistic" that i've seen, in comparison to the rest of the companies that offer paid appraisals.

Agree with you on this point;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom