• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

HELP with a name transfer foul-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobBob is verified member.

Jedi Master
DNF Moderator
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2002
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
79
This is kind of screwed up.

I own "Colonist.net". In a continuting effort to consolidate all of my domain names at one registrar, I initialted a transfer of "Colonist.net" to eNom (or so I thought).

While doing my bookkeepping today, I noticed that in fact I had NOT transferred Colonist.net, but rather Colonist.ORG. This was rather curious, but I assumed that the transfer would fail because most (key word here MOST) losing registrars want an authorization before they will let the name go.

In my eNom account today was Colonist.org. When I do transfers to eNom, I NEVER apply the "Universal Contact Information" (or whatever eNom calls it) so it gets set to mine.

So now here I am with a domain name that is not rightfully mine. I need to contact the previous owner and explain what happened so I can return the domain name to them.

Does anybody know how to find the previous owner, and if so, how do I authenticate the claim so I do not give the name away to a person who is posing as the previous owner?

And yes, the previous registrar was STARGATE (as is shown by the DNS servers).

-Bob
 
Sorry Bob, realised my error and deleted - you were too quick for me :-D
 
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Sorry Bob, realised my error and deleted - you were too quick for me :-D

It happens :cheeky:

-Bob
 
Even though, it will raise some flags. I would suggest you notify Enom
of the error. So, they don't over re-act.

It would be better for you to notify them. Before, they notify you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom