Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help with DirectNic account, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just bought a domain from someone and he asked me to create an account with DirectNic, in order to start the transfer process.

The web site www.DirectNIC.com that he gave me doesn't allow me to create a new user account. Is it still in business, I wonder? Anyone know how to create an account at DirectNIC, please advise.

The reason I asked this question here is because the seller has a very slow response. I don't want to wait for another day to get his reply.

Thank you all folks!

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the URL, but it doesn't work. I'm afraid they're out of business. any thought?

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could you please verify the URL? probably something is wrong with my ISP. I can't connect to some sites e.g. Paypal.com since yesterday.

windows22

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
the URL is correct, and they are still in business, no problemo!

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I created an account with them today- NO PROBS

But I did not get paypal up today either.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
really? probably Paypal changed some code on their site.

Well, for paypal, I solve it by type in https://paypal.com.

notice the "s"

and http://directnic.com is solved now by changing DNS setting under Windows Network property.

Thank you all for the help. This is a great community indeed.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why do you need to create an account to start the transfer, sounds as if he is trying to pick up a bit of extra commission. Just get your normal registrar to ask for the domain to be transfered to them. It should only mean that you have to extend the reg for a year. If you have any probs, there are loads of people here (including me) that can transfer it for you and give you control of the name through a panel.

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think even if you push a name within directnic you have to pay again for an added year of reg, so it's just the same to push to your reg. if you haven't got one registerfly.com is offering $7.99 transfers 'till 28 feb.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's what the seller asked me to do so. After I created a new account and tried to transfer, it showed that I'll be charged $15 for transfer the name between account, eventhough it's within the same registrar. This DirectNic thing is greedy. And the seller didn't tell me up front.

Now I'm stuck. The name was just registered on Jan 6th. It's not 60 days yet, so it can't transfer out. I'm thinking of 2 options

1. Pay $15 more for the transfer of $15 domain
2. Take a lost of $15 that has been sent to the seller and let him keep the name.

Advise?

By the way, the seller is in domainstate.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom