Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help with DomainsToBeSeen.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First - if you haven't used them, DONT!

I have a ton of names there that they caught for pool. I've recently started trying to move them out (a few have expired) and they have some sort of phantom lock thats keeping me from getting anything done (including renewals and contact/nameserver changes).

They didn't used to, but are now using the foundationapi.com system from DirectI. Maybe someone familiar with that system can help...

When I go in to manage a name, all the "important" buttons are greyed out and there's a message:

This Order is currently locked. Order Locking is a useful security feature. In this status no one can make ANY modifications to this Order, or transfer it away unless it is unlocked. In order to unlock this Order use the Lock/Unlock button in the toolbar below
The Domain Name Registration for debt-consolidation-help.com is Locked in processing due to the below action. The system will automatically attempt to process this. If however this action remains pending for a long duration please contact our support desk.

Action Requested: Parking of debt-consolidation-help.com
Status of the Action: Order Locked In Processing.

If I go to the lock/unlock page there's a greyed out checkbox (it's checked) with the text
Domainstobeseen.com Lock set on Oct 12, 2004 (Reason: Domain Locked for security )

The "Customer Lock" box is unchecked (I never locked the name there).

I've tried emailing their 24/7 support and never got a response. I tried emailing their [email protected] address and got a response from Richard Chambers who said the names were renewed. However, the names aren't renewed - I keep getting renewal notices and "domain has expired" notices on the names. I suspect it's simply the registry auto-renewing them and that I'll wind up in RGP HELL soon. I've tried transferring out, but they all fail due to the lock. This isn't the regular Registrar-Lock - at least it doesn't show up in whois, it's something I'm not familiar with.

I wrote up a summary requesting they remove all the locks and let me manage my names and cc'd [email protected] and I even went through the email verification steps at Icann but haven't heard back from DTBS or Icann.

Any suggestions/experiences to offer?

I don't care if I have to renew there, I want my names to work and the ability to manage them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom