Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Help with google

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethemes

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi guys, for a month ago i had a site thethemes.net with a PR 6, then i got a other site thethemes.cc and moved, but you can still get to .cc with the old .net domain,, my only problem is that google is not coming by the new site :veryangry and picking op the old keyword.. now why is that. ?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what are you doing?

redirecting a .net to a .cc?

No offense, but this is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen, why would you redirect a .net domain to a crappy .cc one???

If I were you I would move it back onto the .net domain and fast

thethemes

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well we had the domain down for some time, and i had to move fast, so i got .cc but maybe you are right that we need to move back, but damn thats a lot of work.

o an also we are on top of almost all the search sites, with phpnuke themes, but only need google to come back..

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
use a 301 redirect from one domain to another. Whatever you keep. Try to keep the one with more search engine visibility, and link pop.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you use or your host uses cpanel all they have to do is change the domain for the account to the .net. It a very simple process that takes about 2 seconds. My have to change a few things in your config file or something along those lines. But it wouldn't require you to move the entire site.

thethemes

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there is also the problem with all the images i have on the server, they are all linked to .cc now and links.. that will take time to change. i was only hopping for a way google will spider .net and go over to .cc but that cant be done or ?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why are the images linked to the .cc - can't you just link them from the directory (i.e. /images/buttons/whatever.gif)

Furthermore, no offense, but .cc names are crap. You have a pretty nice .net name forwarding to a horrible .cc name...please change that....please

thethemes

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i can, but then i had to do that in the start when i made .net the site is half phpnuke and half php.. now why is .cc so bad when its on top of MSN, yahoo and the rest with phpnuke themes ?? a domain is a domain right.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you ever try to sell the site, it will be very difficult with a .cc domain

furthermore .cc is about as unprofessional as a site gets, most people who aren't domainers dont even realize it is a "real" domain name

thethemes

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i dont think its about the domain, its what you have on it, that no one els has. works fine for me.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thethemes said:
well i dont think its about the domain, its what you have on it, that no one els has. works fine for me.

That's the point, unless you are just selling the domain "as is".

thethemes

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if i am ever going to sell it, it will come with the hole network, domains desings, and so on.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guarantee you the network as a whole is worth less money when you are using the .cc name when compared to the .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom