Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help with identifying go keyword rich domain names for parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

drofwarc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the domain field and this is my first post:). I've been looking up domain names to buy that are generally three and sometimes four words in length and descriptive in nature.

I'd like to park them to begin. Later I'll probably build mini-sites and sell them.

What I'm wondering is how to determine if my domain names are any good. I think the names I'm choosing have the right keywords to draw people in if the site came up during a search. But how frequently will the site have to come up to make this strategy work?

Can I use Google's page counts as a rule of thumb? If so, what minimum page count numbers would you recommend? What would be great numbers as far as page count?

Thanks for your help,

drofwarc

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Top level is one word, or an abbreviation. Each word added waters down the value and even the findability. That's what I've learned/gathered in my short time hanging around here. And .com is king.

The rest, I need help with myself. But I'm reading here and learning every minute. :blush:

And Welocme to DnF!:)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the domain field and this is my first post:). I've been looking up domain names to buy that are generally three and sometimes four words in length and descriptive in nature.

I'd like to park them to begin. Later I'll probably build mini-sites and sell them.

What I'm wondering is how to determine if my domain names are any good. I think the names I'm choosing have the right keywords to draw people in if the site came up during a search. But how frequently will the site have to come up to make this strategy work?

Can I use Google's page counts as a rule of thumb? If so, what minimum page count numbers would you recommend? What would be great numbers as far as page count?

Thanks for your help,

drofwarc

I've registered "two to four" word, keyword domains that have at least 6k results for the terms within quotation marks in Google.

some get traffic and some don't...yet.

drofwarc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Tinner,

Thanks for the tip.

I've registered "two to four" word, keyword domains that have at least 6k results for the terms within quotation marks in Google.

some get traffic and some don't...yet.

Hi Biggedon,

Does the search have to be done with quotation marks for the results to matter? I have three keyword domain that gets 197,000 site hits in quotation marks and nearly 19 million without.

Can you tell me if those are worthy numbers?

Thanks,

drofwarc

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

I would only search using quote marks.

197k in quotes are great numbers, though it depends on the keywords.

if you can get the overture tool to resolve, check it also.

even though results haven't been updated since Jan. 2007, that will give some confirmation.

drofwarc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been using the free Keyword Discovery tool at Trellian. Here's what I'm getting on one of my domains. Keyword Discovery gives it a value of 391 (which is very good). and Google shows it's getting barely over 1000 website hits. So not a lot of action but very targeted. I can tell you that that site topic involves rock music.

What do you think. Would I do will with parking?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do u see where Google shows site is getting 1000+ hits?

drofwarc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My error. I'm tired and not thinking straight. I meant to say that when I key in my domain name in quotation marks, like this -- "my domain name" -- I get a number of just over 1,000 for Google results.

Hope that's clear.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would want a number higher than that......

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
More is better. The one I picked up this am gets "Results 1 - 10 of about 4,820,000,000 for o"

Now. I just have to figure out what to do with it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been using the free Keyword Discovery tool at Trellian. Here's what I'm getting on one of my domains. Keyword Discovery gives it a value of 391 (which is very good). and Google shows it's getting barely over 1000 website hits. So not a lot of action but very targeted. I can tell you that that site topic involves rock music.

What do you think. Would I do will with parking?

rock music keywords run around "$0.5 > $0.17" per click conservatively, on the high end you may get $0.25 > $0.33.

for specific a artist name, the keyword's epc varies.

drofwarc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rock music keywords run around "$0.5 > $0.17" per click conservatively, on the high end you may get $0.25 > $0.33.

for specific a artist name, the keyword's epc varies.

Are these values considered good $ per click for a parked domain?

By the way, is there a resource you could point me to where I could learn more about the value of keywords in various subject areas for domain parking?

Thanks,

drofwarc

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are these values considered good $ per click for a parked domain?

By the way, is there a resource you could point me to where I could learn more about the value of keywords in various subject areas for domain parking?

Thanks,

drofwarc

since you're into google, then access their "adwords" program.

look for link "Get Keyword ideas"

drofwarc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll do that. It's not that I'm into Google, I just don't know how to evaluate domain names.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll do that. It's not that I'm into Google, I just don't know how to evaluate domain names.

you won't learn it all in one day or a week

try reading the "domains for sale" threads and the "domains wanted" threads here on the forum.

then you can see what is being sold and for how much

and what buyers are looking for and how much they are willing to pay.

that's called "reseller value 101"

:)

drofwarc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks - it's a great forum and I've appreciated your tips.

cheers,

drofwarc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom