Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Help With My First End User Inquiry

hayes.domains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a keyword .com domain related to a general category of online service. I sent out some email solicitations to companies I found on Google that sell this particular service. Received a response wanting to know my asking price. What is the best way to respond to this question? Should I give a specific number or something general like "X figures"?

Not looking for an appraisal here (I know this is not the thread to do that). Just wondering from your experience is it better to be specific or general? Any advice appreciated.

Domain summit 2024

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Be specific and give your asking price. Make it more than you really want to leave some room for negotiation, but realistic and make a sale. Get a good multiplier on your initial investment, rinse and repeat. I'm with Biggie though, you approached them, so have your bullets ready. Can the email spam solicitations and pick up the phone. You'll have more sales and generate more confidence over time, assuming your names are wanted out there. Best of luck!

hayes.domains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Be specific and give your asking price. Make it more than you really want to leave some room for negotiation, but realistic and make a sale. Get a good multiplier on your initial investment, rinse and repeat. I'm with Biggie though, you approached them, so have your bullets ready. Can the email spam solicitations and pick up the phone. You'll have more sales and generate more confidence over time, assuming your names are wanted out there. Best of luck!

Great advice, thank you. I followed what you said and have had some back and forth over the price. Nothing definite yet, but with patience and persistence maybe it will turn into a sale. When you call instead of email, how do you generally begin the discussion?

Perception

Perception is everything.
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Since you contacted them, it's your responsibility to mention the price when they ask for one.

Also, end the email with a question, it should at the very least get you a response.

"The domain is currently on the market for $5,000 or best offer. Are you interested in making an offer?"

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, you should name a price especially if you reached out to them. Let us know how it works out.

flippawilson

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So was the sale made?
I've heard interviews where the seller got an response months later after a refusal of a price.
Sometimes when two good talkers get together over price, it comes down to patience and poker faces.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators