Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Help with Parked.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdoglee007

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently signed up with Parked.com and set up a few domains but while the interface is clean I find it hard to find info. on what each feature does or how exactly things work. Is there a comprehensive Parked.com tutorial somewhere? Parked.com's help area lacks details.

Of if someone is willing to provide email/private message help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What features are you having problems with?

dandynames

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here are three areas I use most. If your question is more specific feel free to shoot me a PM.

Adding domain:

To add domains place your cursor over the 'Portfolios' link at the top and click 'add domains'.

Editing keywords / templates:
To edit your domain's keywords / template / images place your cursor over the 'Portfolios' link at the top and click 'Portfolio Manager'. There will be an 'edit' link to the far right of each domain.

Viewing search data:
If you want to see what people are searching for when they visit your domains place your cursor over the 'Reports' link at the top and click on 'Traffic Analysis' This takes a little while to load if you have a lot of domains and a lot of searches performed on them.

bigdoglee007

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When editing a domain Parked defaults to a specific template with a specific layout, this one here www.propertyz.info. How do change to another template layout? When editing a domain there are 2 images of 2 diff. template layouts shown. It defaults to the 1st one (the link above). How do I change to the other template layout? Are there more template layouts then just the 2 shown?

Where do the Category titles come from? It seems they are related to the Related Words. When I add/remove Related Words the Categories change. Why are there so many Related Words and what effect do they have?

When changing the Keyword can I add multiple keywords or keep it to one?

Thanks.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On the right side you can search for a vast number of templates and need not use the keyword default one, after first selecting the keyword(s).

Parked.com is by far the easiest to use and most intuitive of all the parking firms I have used but at the same time the most feature-rich one.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
First change the keyword to a very related one.

You can add/remove related words in order to accurately tune the ad content. E.g. if I have a site about Obama, I want to remove Clinton, Hillary etc.

You can add Custom Content as well, click on that little square box to the right of the section at bottom left.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A VERY useful feature I am constantly using is to just "drag & drop" the related keyword terms on the main page down to the "removed keywords" column on the main control panel page that I want to remove from the parking page...as people search for certain terms the domain will "learn" and start populating the page with such keyword terms which can sometimes be lower paying categories or undesired searches to have on your main page - this is much more of an issue with high traffic names. By just dragging and dropping the keywords you don't have to go to the second page option and type-in specific keywords to remove them. As the parking page changes you can just refresh your control panel main page to populate the new keywords in the box to continue to remove them as needed..sometimes I remove like 20 terms or more until I find exactly what I want to be on the parking page.

You can really impact your domain income in a major way either positive or even negative by changing the keywords and categories on the page. You should be checking your main domains every few days if you have good traffic and they earn good income, by staying on top of this you can assure things keep running smoothly with a high ctr% and high income. You can also ask you parked account rep to set your high traffic domain name to "not learn" if you find yourself constantly having to reset everything and manage new terms showing up....

I always look at the traffic analysis to see what is being clicked on the most, esp. on days with the highest income..then I make sure these terms stay on the main page at the top so that the trend can continue...sometimes they get bumped down the page by new searches and thus the keywords that show up on the page as the name learns. By learning what keywords have the highest bids you can make sure they stay on the top where you want them, don't forget to actually click on these terms on your actual parking page and see who is advertising under them, make sure there are good solid advertisers and they are not just a bunch of secondary feed ads like "info.com" etc. You are allowed to click on your own keyword terms on 2 click lander parking pages to do this, you will not get in any trouble..just don't click on any actual advertiser ads.

Hope this helps everyone out there, good luck! ;)

Last edited:

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A VERY useful feature I am constantly using is to just "drag & drop" the related keyword terms on the main page down to the "removed keywords" column on the main control panel page

Dude, you just saved me a lot of time. I've always done this the slow way - never knew you could drag & drop! Thanks a gazillion.

bigdoglee007

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. Ill try out your suggestions and see. But I still dont know how to change the template layout from the default to another look and feel. I keep getting the default one. Even when I chose another template in the drop down its the same layout. How do I chose another template layout?

Thanks.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as I know right now...there is only one standard layout..and it seems to work quite well...I make alot of my own color schemes though..I'm not too crazy about the rainbow box colors on the bottom of the normal color choices, I think people click on the top horizontal bar choices more alot more than anywhere else on many domains so I try to make that bar more prominent & bolder that everything else... this color scheme below seems to work very well and it has definitely helped me get a higher overall ctr% on many domains with type-in traffic www.freetriplescorecredit.com I like the blue/teal/greens they are very visually soothing colors...people imo associate these colors with safety, security, & access where as they seem to correlate certain other colors like reds for instance to a danger or risk because of the historical usage of such colors and their standard uses on other websites as warnings or alerts, etc. Just my wooden nickel on the subject, obviously these concepts do not apply to all domains or situations, this just seems to work for me. Also, BLUE has been such a mainstay on so many parking pages like the old DS pages for so many years I usually don't use all blue on any page colors - it seems to turn people off. :eek:k:

Last edited:

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A VERY useful feature I am constantly using is to just "drag & drop" the related keyword terms on the main page down to the "removed keywords" column on the main control panel page that I want to remove from the parking page...as people search for certain terms the domain will "learn" and start populating the page with such keyword terms which can sometimes be lower paying categories or undesired searches to have on your main page - this is much more of an issue with high traffic names. By just dragging and dropping the keywords you don't have to go to the second page option and type-in specific keywords to remove them. As the parking page changes you can just refresh your control panel main page to populate the new keywords in the box to continue to remove them as needed..sometimes I remove like 20 terms or more until I find exactly what I want to be on the parking page.

You can really impact your domain income in a major way either positive or even negative by changing the keywords and categories on the page. You should be checking your main domains every few days if you have good traffic and they earn good income, by staying on top of this you can assure things keep running smoothly with a high ctr% and high income. You can also ask you parked account rep to set your high traffic domain name to "not learn" if you find yourself constantly having to reset everything and manage new terms showing up....

I always look at the traffic analysis to see what is being clicked on the most, esp. on days with the highest income..then I make sure these terms stay on the main page at the top so that the trend can continue...sometimes they get bumped down the page by new searches and thus the keywords that show up on the page as the name learns. By learning what keywords have the highest bids you can make sure they stay on the top where you want them, don't forget to actually click on these terms on your actual parking page and see who is advertising under them, make sure there are good solid advertisers and they are not just a bunch of secondary feed ads like "info.com" etc. You are allowed to click on your own keyword terms on 2 click lander parking pages to do this, you will not get in any trouble..just don't click on any actual advertiser ads.

Hope this helps everyone out there, good luck! ;)

Schhhhh...don't tell the secrets :D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey if we make more money, parked makes more money! The more money we all make, the better. We are all in the same circle of success together. :eek:k:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, you just saved me a lot of time. I've always done this the slow way - never knew you could drag & drop! Thanks a gazillion.

Always move around a page like that with your mouse looking for some help. Next to where it says Removed Words and Related Words there are 2 graphical question marks and when using mouse-hover (mouse-over) the alt tags appear which say's to remove or restore keywords drag them to the box below or above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom