Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Here I am. Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I33

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post and hope i can become experts like you! I cant say im a total newb, but maybe could start of with some words of advice or guidance. Im no supirour dotcom user and i only have 10 decently good domains that have never been touched for about 4-5 years that i have owned. parking them brings in no money, but i would save 30 clicks a month between all of them. I hope its safe to post one here. but its fixourhome .com now should i be out there on auctions right now buying whats good and left over? should i be focusing on these 10 sites and making them niche targets or blogs? if that's the case i need to start building external links too create traffic and good ranking, is there tools for this, or should i be on blogs related to the domains and posting comments and other means?

Thank you very much!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Dnforum, by using the search feature on the forum in the top right of your screen you can learn alot from historical threads & posts. Also, if you want an honest valuation of your domains value or advice on what to do with it, you can post a new thread in the appraisal section.

Good luck to you brother! :hippie: :peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Edwin. Feel free to drop me a line.

DNA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Edwin,
You have reached a place where there is a lot of money. Take a bit of risk, do a bit of hard work, do a bit of research. You win slowly.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Courtesy of a member here

1) Very few people are willing to share all of their secrets unless you pay big (and if you can afford that, you can afford some good domains).

2) There is already a ton of information out there that is free and available. You just need to know where to look. Forums like this one are a great place to start. You have a gigantic jig-saw puzzle and a lot of the pieces are here, you just need to find them and figure out where they go in the giant puzzle. Learn who to listen to, who you'll need to weed out the BS, and who you need to completely ignore. Read, read, read. Just the information here (available to us for free) could be worth hundreds, if not thousands, if put together in an easy-to-read document (and if you'd do that, expect to be sued because a lot of people here don't like their work being sold).

3) Once you think you know it all, you realize you only know 1%.

4) Trial and error. You'll buy domains that are a flop. I've had to drop roughly 25-30 domains over the next few months because they were doing jack for me. It's better to let them drop than to continue spending reg fees on them. Hell, its better to sell them at a loss (reg fee is $7, sell them for $3-$5).

5) Read and learn.

6) Learn web design, programming, and SEO. Devoloped sites with traffic always sell for more than undeveloped / parked domains. If I got the domain ftra6urs.com up to 5,000 visitors a month plus good revenue from ads, it would sell for a hell of a lot more than most ccc.com domains.

7) Read and learn (and retain). Take notes if you need to.

8) Study what sells and for how much and where. A domain might fetch $100 here, $200 on Sedo, and $500 on EBay. PLus, what might sell on eBay for $50 might be junk elsewhere.

9) Read, learn, retain, take notes, and re-read.

I33

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help. This thread is going of course so i guess its a good time to end it.
I have been reading as much as i can, and then going back few months and reading more. Searching anything that im not familiar with, but most of it i know being in IT and a programmer. I talked to a few people and i appriatite the help, great forum and im glad to be a member!
The main areas where i need to focus is building backlinks and getting traffic and also using these 10 domains to create pages that have content for SEO's to grab onto. I just feel really small having only 10 domains when most of you are 100-1000 domains.
I hope to be able to pull 200 a month with the domains i have now. Thank you for your help!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome Edwin!... If you have brand domains like fixourhome dot com, I suggest you develop it, perhaps into a blog or mini site.. If you want to sell it, you'll be lucky to get anything of real value in the reseller market. You can also try selling to an end user, but these kind of names are difficult to push. And having the "our" in the domain doesn't help it either, sounds more like a personal site than a site visitors themselves can benefit from.... I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck dude..feel free to PM me the 10 domains and maybe I can shoot you over a few idea's on their potential & valuation as well as some development ideas. I have made well over a million dollars profit since I began domaining years back and am extremely successful in this business. My success has mostly come from "buying low & selling high" usually while high. :smokin: My best advice I can give is to steer clear of any negativity in all areas of life & in this business. It has worked very well for me so far. Check out the expired domain name auctions at Namejet if you are looking to expand your portfolio, there are alot of good deals to be had! I find that bidding while stoned works wonders. :eek:k:

Last edited:

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum. read as many posts as you can but beware you could catch
domain fever and never leave here. ....one you are "hooked" on domains.

I33

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
when building a site.. how importent is it to have the keyword in the .com?
for example fixourhome.com is about washing machines i'm assuming this will cause poor ranks and no traffic? what is a way to look for new domains in the future since everything good is taken and not being able to afford decent ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom