Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Here what I think the deal is on the detetions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When a domain name hits the expiration date.....(today is Jan 30 and the domain expired Jan 28) ...the registar has the option to delete the domain the day after the expired date or wait 45 days.

If the registar decides to hit the delete button before the 45 days is up....the domain name goes into the RGP for exactly 30 days from the day the registar hit the delete button.

They can delete it on the 44th day and it will still go into the RGP section for an additional 30 days.....that sucks...

If the registar does nothing in that 45 days....on the 46th day, it is automatically put into the deletion pool, and is then given 5-6 days until its availble to the public...

So there is a chance it will drop in 50 days and there is a chance they will drop in 75 days......ohhhhhh joy...:D

That is what I think is the correct format of the detetion process.

If I'm wrong....please correct me... :D

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you are exactly right. Here is what most people missed. It says the RGP will be a MAXIMUM of 30 days. So it will be anywhere under 30 days. But it has to go through the 5 day deletion period for sure. Most people are thinking it has to be 30 days and if Verisign is making money on this then I guess it would be in their best interest to keep it in that period for a long a period as possible with the hopes that the person would renew it and give them $85+ more dollars in their coffers. After 2,000 people get shafted by them it drops down to $40 or so. Let's keep a counter somewhere :)

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ya I think the 30 day think will not last......in my opinion.....must registars will decide not to delete until the 46th day......

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's from another thread :

Re: RGP and new deletion process.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by dgbtech
From what I understand the new registration process could leave some domains on hold up to 75 days. I went to the snapnames website and found this updated flow chart of the deletion process http://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html . If this chart is correct than a person would benift greatly if the delete command is not sent within 46 days for a specific domains experation. Do you think it would be possible to contact a certain registry and ask them to wait till the 46 day to send the delete command in order to circumvent the additional 30day rgp waiting period? I for one would much rather have a domain delete 46 days after expiration as aposed to 75. any input/opinions on this subject would be greatly apreciated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do NOT agree with you.
If the DELETE command is not sent within 45 days, this mean you will probably NOT get it because registrar can hold it for as long as they like before sending DELETE command which I doubt they will send it if it's good name and already passed 45 days from EXPIRED date.

So, It's better for us if registrar send DELETE command within 45 days (the sooner the better), and then we can exactly know when it'll be released.

Am I right ?

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cartoonz,

So what you were saying on the other thread is that even after the 45 days, the domain name will still end up in the RGP section for an additional 30 days....that doesn't really sound right?

D

dgbtech

I agree. Atleast from the illustration and inofrmation I have seen, it seems that if it goes beyond 45days, it will go directly to 5-day deletion as soon as delete command is sent. just my 2cents.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shaggy
Cartoonz,

So what you were saying on the other thread is that even after the 45 days, the domain name will still end up in the RGP section for an additional 30 days....that doesn't really sound right?

whether it "sounds right" or not, that is the case.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry - but that's not completely correct either.

Names dropped TODAY. Names dropped YESTERDAY. Both days (according to the recent theories) should not have had drops. I have grabbed several of them minutes after the drop - and the names even had snaps on them. So while there may be a 'general' rule at work - there is simply no 'across the board' rule for what is currently taking place.

And I for one - have already profited from it. :D

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Furthermore - many .ORG names are dropping - and people said those would not be dropping at all.

Since midnight last night - these names dropped.....

Though.org
Cargoes.org
Starring.org

Granted - these examples are not great names - but they DID just drop.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's also worth noting that some registrars still show the names as not available when they really are - and vice versa. Also - the good names that I have grabbed this week (that were supposedly not going to drop) had very weird information show up in my 'whois' records. I have commented on this in another thread.

One example of most of these factors is....

Activities.org

I grabbed it 1/30 - literally minutes after it dropped. It had a snap on it - but I beat the snap manually. I already sold the name for a very nice profit - but only after the buyer and myself went to eNom to confirm the wacky info that was showing up in some whois reports was just bugs. Right now - if you go to NameBargain.com it will say the name is still available. Go to eNom though (where it is registered) and you can confirm the correct whois information.

There is some weird stuff going on. That's for sure!

I said this before..... I don't have the answers - but I got the names! :D

*EDIT/UPDATE* - The list of domains that I have been tracking still has quite a few more to go. So I will post any others that drop - once I've already grabbed the best ones of course. Hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom