Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Here's a technicality question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistermovie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay, I thought of something I would like to know, maybe the admins can answer this. I know there's places here to auction or put items up for sale, solicit bids, etc.

How about if I want to get the word out, you know, announce that I have a domain for sale elsewhere, like Sedo? Is there a designated board where listing something like that is best?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good question.

Firstly, please note you can't post links to domains for sale at other forums.

However, instead of pointing someone from DNF to your SEDO sale, why not just try and sell the name straight through DNF. You can save yourself the 10% commission and certainly have a solid chance of finding a buyer. If you want to use SEDO's Escrow service, you can always arrange that with the buyer after.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, I thought of something I would like to know, maybe the admins can answer this. I know there's places here to auction or put items up for sale, solicit bids, etc.

How about if I want to get the word out, you know, announce that I have a domain for sale elsewhere, like Sedo? Is there a designated board where listing something like that is best?

The answer is quite simple, yes.
Go here - http://www.dnforum.com/f178/
Dnforum -The place to talk, buy and sell domains > Platinum Forums > Domain Name Auctions
Reload this Page External Links

mistermovie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure, good advice from all. Notice that I called my question a matter of "technicality" because certainly there are a lot of rules here at DNF, and I didn't want to trip over the line by accident. Looks to me like things are occasionally open to interpretation, based on the two responses to my question. So here's what I'm planning to do...if there is a problem, I hope an admin can step in and give me a direction to go in...

I'm planning not to post a "link," but to simply announce on the Auction board that my domain is available at SEDO, and if anyone is interested, searching SEDO will turn it up. While I'm at it, I'm also open to bids from here--although I have already solicited bids here, and got none in the ballpark I was seeking. But a second try may get something...who knows.

This is basically a wide-scatter approach. Sure, people here are welcome to take a look at the domain and bid if they like, but buying through SEDO is also an option if you find their escrow/services attractive. I thought the 10% was reasonable, myself.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can add a link in that part, so that should not be a problem to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom