Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Hey, Google. Was buying YouTube a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it was an impulse buy of a shiney new thing they saw at the counter and had to have it, regardless if they needed it or not...

Bart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They'll announce their earnings on 31st January. SO much positive news factored into their stockprice, I wonder if they will be able to surprise enough to maintain current levels.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Every low tech idiot out there knows about youtube. It was a great buy for google to pickup something that well recognized and to top it off the deal was stock and not even real cash.

Google has actually done pretty well with their "see no evil hear no evil" and "we are just a huge service provier that can't police everything" defense.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think the most offensive play google has performed to date...

They refused to turn over documents requested by the US government and the US Congress citing their rights...

yet they agreed to every request and demand for censorship and blocking content by the Chinese government in order to conduct business in China.

Not wanting to make a political discussion out of the matter, but I found that rather difficult to justify my continued use of google...

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They'll announce their earnings on 31st January. SO much positive news factored into their stockprice, I wonder if they will be able to surprise enough to maintain current levels.

Who has the guts to short GOOG? :cheesy:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who has the guts to short GOOG? :cheesy:
Hmm...that high? Continue to go up? are we looking at another Cisco?

Tempting...

By the way, speaking of Cisco; anyone want to buy my Cisco stock for what I paid for it? Helluva deal here! You'll never be able to buy it this price again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom