Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

hey, NameWinner... a request

Status
Not open for further replies.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last second sniping at NameWinner.com sure reminds me of eBay. I simply cant watch every second here in the office and someone sure loves to outbid the last possible second before bidding closes. Just today, i have been outbid at 9:59:58 PT 2003.

How the hell wouuld i know when your timer which can be running a different time hits 9:59:58? How is that possilbe? This sounds a bit strange to me as its 2ms before cutoff and i dont think its humanly possible to do this.

Hey, NameWinner, any chance you could implement a variable bid cutoff time? Lets say 'In order to prevent bid sniping, bids will be closed any time between 9:30 and 10'. This will only help you guys make more money, as i sure would have tried to bid higher if i had a minute more after i got the notification email.

If you cant do that, please, at least put up a live clock which would keep the official time running so that everyone has a fair chance to getting in that last bid.

Thanks.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds reasonable to me...

While we are making requests (if they ever see this...) I put in a bid for a domain which was either renewed at the last moment or someone else got it. Since I was not the only NW bidder, I was not able to remove it from my "buy" list. Now that it is no longer available, I seem to be stuck with this domain on my "buy" list for the rest of eternity. Is there any way to remove it?

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, that too... i have a bunch of those names in my account. Someone else took them, but they are still there.

What troubles me more is that it looks like someone is using an automated service to snap the snaps. This is crazy as now, what? We have to buy snaps to snap the snaps? lol

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by com

Hey, NameWinner, any chance you could implement a variable bid cutoff time? Lets say 'In order to prevent bid sniping, bids will be closed any time between 9:30 and 10'.

No way, sniping rules! :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can buy snaps on snap subs? SWEET

I hope they have it for WLS!

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, uh, thats the thing that doesn't make any sense to me about all of this WLS talk. It just moves everything back a step and makes it more costly and less competitive, but doesn't actually solve any problems. All it means is that it will be a resource race to buy the WLS entry rather than the domain itself!

Talk about money grab.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got a ton of names still in my list...NW when you read this can you come up with a way for us to remove these?

Im with the concensus on the sniping. Kind of a pain in the a$$.
I guess this is the reason for the zillion dollar bids on some mediocre names. People are just trying not to get sniped! Never mind the name they just want to win.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Crap. I left here as it reminded me that I was sniped yesterday on idealbuildings.com I had a snap but I just checked the whois and my NW bid was sniped by none other than ultsearch!

I need a beer...

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Question:
What are the times again for bidding at NW??
Aren't they not available for bidding at certain times, PST?
When does the sniping occur ... exactly what times does the bidding close?
If you know, thanks. I tried to find the info at their site, but 'nuffin. I'm very interested in one domain, dropping next Monday or Tuesday.
Thanks a lot!!
PS. All my DNF$ to the person who answers fastest. :D

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bidding closes one hour before NSI drop and opes again one hour after NSI drop time

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Errr ... OK, thanks Stuff. 64 DNF$ en route to you now! :D
What time is NSI drop time, 2:00 p.m. EST? So, it always closes at 1:00 p.m. EST daily?
Thanks a ton!
:cool:

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Errr ... OK, thanks Stuff. 64 DNF$ en route to you now! :D
What time is NSI drop time, 2:00 p.m. EST? So, it always closes at 1:00 p.m. EST daily?
Thanks a ton!
:cool:

Thanks CoolHost
And Yes NSI drop time is 2:00pm EST ,I think

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks Stuff!
I'll let you know how I make out on the domain. :D
Should be interesting. :eek:
See you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom