Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Hi Folks re:.us registrations for non usa residents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I realise if someone is a non us resident they can't newly register a .us domain. Is it the same if a non us resident buys a .us from (for example) an ebay seller?

thanks in advance

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dreamking said:
I realise if someone is a non us resident they can't newly register a .us domain. Is it the same if a non us resident buys a .us from (for example) an ebay seller?

thanks in advance

--------------------

if you go to neustar.us the requirement is that a person be a citizen vs. a resident of the u.s. i.e. there are lots of americans all over the globe who are citizens, but not residents of the united states. one section of their site indicates: the u.s. nexus requirement is intended to ensure that only those individuals or organizations that have a substanstive connection to the united states are permitted to register for .us domain names.

not an attorney, (maybe mr. berryhill could assist?) but guessing that you could undoubtably buy the name, but ownership rights could be challenged if the neustar requirements were not met. good example would be computerstore.us which per afternic sold for $10,000 but as someone here pointed out, the selling registrant is in austria; if not a citizen or person with business ties to the u.s. that ownership could be challenged imo.

neustar does have accredited registrars in europe, asia and the middle east.

it is an interesting question!

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mr berryhill: could you assist with an answer on this one? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom