Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Hidden minimum in "Make Offer" situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a way (or could a way be put in place) for names with "Make Offer" to have a minimum of some kind put on them. I'm fed up with deleting all the 110 Euro offers (leaving just 10 Euro for me given the commission structure). I've had a couple of dozen where the bidding pattern has been:-

110 Euro [I make a counter offer]
120 Euro counter [I make another counter offer]
130 Euro counter [at this point I give up on the obvious time-waster]

If I could specify e.g. ALL offers under 2,000 Euro would be rejected by the system as the potential buyer was entering them, it would weed out these kind of idiots at least.

Even if it were only possible to specify a minimum value on a user-by-user rather than domain-by-domain basis, that would really help a lot as I'd be quite happy to put what is essentially a bottom-feeder filter in place on all my domains.

What I don't want to have to do is specify a price, since those only go up to 10,000 Euro. "Make offer" is still the #1 option, but "Make offer *over XYZ*" would be best!

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to get an official Sedo comment on this!

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very good idea indeed.

Would be very nice so hear something from Sedo here.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
excellent . . . I even tell people in my comments don't bother replying or I've had offers higher than this yet they stilll come back with incrementally higher yet NOT even close offers

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL.. I just had an offer of a whole $60 Euro for one of my domains... leaveing me with about a reg fee for myself :laugh:

Sent back $1,500 Euro .. interesting to see what they send back (if anything).

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

There are three options here:
1. You can set a fixed asking price for your domain.

2. You can use the "At most 10- 90% off" pricing option: If you use this pricing option, only offers which do not differ from your selling price more than 10%, 25%, 50%,75% and 90% respectively would be forwarded to you.

3. In the description of your domain name, you can specify that you only wish to receive serious offers in the range of $x-$xx. This will not, of course completely eradicate low offers, but may help reduce the number of low offers you receive.

I hope this helps,
Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nora, while I appreciate your answer, none of your suggestions actually address what I was asking for. Looks to me like you're trying to work to your existing tools, rather than working out how to expand them to benefit more domain listers. Surely the response on this thread alone shows the utility for what I was suggesting.

To recap, the "hidden minimum" would not create an "obligation to sell" at a particular price - unlike setting a fixed price and/or using the 10-90% off pricing option, both of which require a definite price as a starting point. Similarly, describing a range also sets a fixed MAXIMUM which will only hamper negotiations.

What the hidden minimum would do is prevent non-serious buyers from sending in offers under a particular amount, e.g. 2,000 Euro. But the seller is still free to negotiate each deal as high as it will go, secure in the knowledge that there is at least some depth to the buyer's pockets.

In the above, the seller is likely to make more off of each sale, putting more money in Sedo's pocket as well in the form of increased commissions - a win-win for all parties concerned!

Remember, a domain is only worth what BOTH parties agree it's worth - if through luck and salesmanship I can sell a seemingly "$xx" domain for "$xx,xxx" that option shouldn't be closed off to me because of an inflexible system.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well said Edwin!

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.
We have noted your comments and will pass them to the relevant department.
We appreciate your suggestions and are delighted to see active posting.
Again, if you have individual comments or questions, please feel free to send us an email here at Sedo.
We are always happy to hear from our customers.

Kind regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Accounts Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel +49 (0)221 420 758 287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom