Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

High CTR Worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosajiX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First off, let me just say I DO NOT click my own ads nor do I incentify in any way others clicking on my ads. As far as I am aware I am in full compliance with G's TOS. I worry though as one of my sites produces a monthly 26%CTR. From what I've read this seems high. lately my impressions average 9 and clicks average 2 (daily) (these stats are for the past year) - it is a currency related website so the clicks are relatively high dollar.

My concern is weather or not G's fraud formula takes these into account. Like I said I play by the rules but it makes me nervous as some days the CTR actually shows over 100%.

Am i worried about nothing or should i do something?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First off, let me just say I DO NOT click my own ads nor do I incentify in any way others clicking on my ads. As far as I am aware I am in full compliance with G's TOS. I worry though as one of my sites produces a monthly 26%CTR. From what I've read this seems high. lately my impressions average 9 and clicks average 2 (daily) (these stats are for the past year) - it is a currency related website so the clicks are relatively high dollar.

My concern is weather or not G's fraud formula takes these into account. Like I said I play by the rules but it makes me nervous as some days the CTR actually shows over 100%.

Am i worried about nothing or should i do something?
That is rather high but good for you.

If this type of traffic and CTR has been going on for a while, I would think that Google has already reviewed the site and sources of traffic as well as the clicks.

A currency related site would be that active especially if it is good keywords or domain extension.

I get nervous sometimes over high traffic to one of my sites, but as long as it is consistent I think there is little to worry about. If your site suddenly experiences spikes, that may raise a red flag.

A 26% CTR is fabulous as I understand the norm for Adsense enabled sites is 9% or so.

NosajiX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well - they don't seem to give me much search engine traffic (though yahoo LOVES it) I did just rewrite the content, it is much better now. We'll see how it pans out.

Do you know if they practice capital punishment - ie shut down my whole account for one site's issues or if they just terminate sites?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well - they don't seem to give me much search engine traffic (though yahoo LOVES it) I did just rewrite the content, it is much better now. We'll see how it pans out.

Do you know if they practice capital punishment - ie shut down my whole account for one site's issues or if they just terminate sites?

It's worse than that, they'll terminate you for NO issues. I've seen this happen with several people now.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Juniper Park is right...typically they will shut all your sites down and will not pay out if the suspect (real or not) click fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom