Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

high priced .org renewals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

F5Domains

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, they seem to have no "specials" on .org at the moment so it's the full/ridiculous rate of $14.99 + $0.18 ICANN fee. Find the Auth Code, move em out :)

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy is a terrible registrar. Piss poor heavy graphics laden GUI. Shite renewal rates. Dishonest sales reps. What is their grace period, 12 days [anything to get their auctions poppin', eh?]?

GoDaddy Sale Rep: "Uh... uh... uh... the $80 redemption fee goes straight to the registry, we don't make any money off of the top of that, and the domain won't show up in our auctions for 80 days at least."

Transfer to Moniker or Fabulous.

Last edited:

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy is a terrible registrar. Piss poor heavy graphics laden GUI. Shite renewal rates. Dishonest sales reps. What is their grace period, 12 days [anything to get their auctions poppin', eh?]?

GoDaddy Sale Rep: "Uh... uh... uh... the $80 redemption fee goes straight to the registry, we don't make any money off of the top of that, and the domain won't show up in our auctions for 80 days at least."

Transfer to Moniker or Fabulous.

Moniker? Take a peak in the Moniker threads on DNF.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isn't everything at Godaddy overpriced?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isn't everything at Godaddy overpriced?

Not really, the other major extensions were reasonable and priced about 50% lower on average when I looked. GD is simply making a ton of extra revenue from the .org's (the registry cost to GD must be roughly the same).

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I renewed my domains I found a good discount code that knocked them down to $7.49 - I don't remember it's the one that South pointed out or not.

If not, transfer them to Moniker, they're pretty inexpensive there.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why ever have an issue with renewal prices?

Nearly everyone knows of some place that is cheaper.

Plus, transfers are always a bargin.

Keep two accounts open at two different registrars and keep flipping them back and forth year after year.

Or just go with someone who is willing to negotiate a better renewal cost to keep your business.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to remember, 90% (or more) of Godaddy's clients are end users with fewer than 10 domains. They do not know about coupons, other than the crappy ones they send to us via email.

For everyday low pricing you can check out Moniker. For a little higher pricing check out Fabulous. Of course, depending on how many names you have with Fabulous, you can receive a different tier pricing. Last time I checked, unless you have over a couple thousand domains, it wouldn't pay to go with Fabulous.

Of course, Godaddy you can get domains as low as $6.99 + $0.17 fee. I think they are $7.49 for .org's. Moniker has then for $7.45

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As a domainer, there's no better place than Fabulous.com - send Mike a PM and you'll be set up in no time with reseller pricing.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As a domainer, there's no better place than Fabulous.com - send Mike a PM and you'll be set up in no time with reseller pricing.

Took the words right out of my mouth. :smilewinkgrin:

eTalkMoney

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to remember, 90% (or more) of Godaddy's clients are end users with fewer than 10 domains. They do not know about coupons, other than the crappy ones they send to us via email.

For everyday low pricing you can check out Moniker. For a little higher pricing check out Fabulous. Of course, depending on how many names you have with Fabulous, you can receive a different tier pricing. Last time I checked, unless you have over a couple thousand domains, it wouldn't pay to go with Fabulous.

Of course, Godaddy you can get domains as low as $6.99 + $0.17 fee. I think they are $7.49 for .org's. Moniker has then for $7.45

Moniker .ORG renewal is : $8.02 That's why using godaddy coupons will be cheaper than Moniker. The best choice as mentioned before is Fabulous.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you have a lot of domains @ GoDaddy just sign up for the Discount Club - http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/club/landing.asp

You get the lowest renewal prices without having to worry about coupons. Also most of the dollar and % off coupons work to pay for the actual membership itself so you can normally lower the price.

Brad

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I pay $7.75 at Dynadot with bulk pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom