Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

High Traffic Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a name for sale with lots of traffic (500-600 uniques per day)

I was wondering why people are turned off by the - in my domain

fast-autos.com

It gets the hits, I have lots of proof of that, but people want traffic and then when they see the - in the middle they dont like it, well if you want traffic, about 1000 type ins a day, then my domain has traffic.

I am accepting offers by the way through PM, so send me any offers or questions you may have, just wondering why the - matters to people who only want traffic, I understand the - makes the name less valuable and less exciting, but if people want traffic, does it reallly matter? I have a name with 1000 type ins a day for sale, and it wouldnt matter whether it has the '-' or not, 1000 type ins is 1000 type ins, period.

Thanks.....

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cant anyone help? :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it's your "Asking price" more than the (-) hyphen ... just a thought, since you asked. :D
Good Luck.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, 1000 type ins per day is usually worth how much?

Few thousand for sure right???

I am open to any offer

M

mole

Originally posted by fastautos
I am open to any offer

$1 :D

Hate to rain on your parade but state your price, fast. Type-ins aren't what makes the internet go round. Who would have typed in Yahoo or Google if not for its brand values and product superiority?

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The hyphen doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is the domain name is associated with a web site about cars, and I know nothing about cars. Who would maintain the web site? Without the web site, traffic would diminish and the domain name would become useless, so the problem is, I wouldn't know what to do with the domain name if I got it. Is the web site making money?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats ok, I understand not everyone loves cars, I would include the files with the website, as It is making $400 a month through ads using my own connections, if you bought the name, I would include the site files and you could market the site and find even more ppl to buy ad space.

Also, the site is well known, like google or yahoo (not nearly as much but you get the picture) so if someone needed a car domain this things takes all because of the traffic. I have a $1000 offer at the moment, but I need something quite a bit larger for me to accept, thanks guys :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Personally, knowing what I know or have read here, I'd accept the $1,000 offer ... and without reservation! IMHO.
Good Luck.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a $5000 bid, but they backed out, earning $500 a month it could/should be quite a bit more than $1000, but I do need to find the right person

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hold onto it.
That type of type in traffic is worth well over $1000 to someone out there!

Market it to someone who sells something car related. For instance if someone came to me with a site that gets 500 highly targeted type ins a day related to my products at chimineas.com I would easily pay several thousand dollars for the name. I mean I spend $300+ a month on keywords at overture/google and don't get anywhere near that much traffic from them.
Darn why can't it be "outdoorfireplace.com"!

What about an automotive store that sells auto parts or mods or car stereos?

Start with people paying for the top listings at overture for something related to your site. I can't see why they wouldn't jump on it and use some of their advertising budget to purchase it.

Good luck!

John

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My opinion is the domain is only worth the reg fee. Actually, I wouldn't register it if I saw it available. If your making $400-$500 a month from the traffic, then I suggest you ride it out and see how much you can make.

RMF

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fastautos .....I would include the files with the website, as It is making $400 a month through ads using my own connections, if you bought the name, I would include the site files and you could market the site and find even more ppl to buy ad space.....

That is a big concern. it's now making good money using your connections to advertisers.

If someone else buys it would the advertisers renew their ads or perhaps not since you are gone as the owner and you had a personal relationship with them?

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I looked at the site and if someone bought it and maybe added a little more retail "zing" to it they could capitalize on the traffic.

For some reason people here keep harping on the name?? Who cares what the name is or if someone would reg it? $hit if I saw a name with an alexa rank of 359,039 I would reg. it no questions asked and make the reg. fee back in a day.
If people are typing it in and getting to the site that's all I or anyone else who runs ecommerce sites cares about!

If I could find a url which got 500-600 targeted type ins for gazebos, arbors, outdoor fireplaces, patio furniture, teak furniture, swing sets, etc. or a combination of some or all then I would pay several thousand dollars for it. Period.
If I were selling mods for autos I would pay several thousand dollars for 500-600 auto related type ins a day!
Of course this would only be if they were unique visitors and not just members of the forum.

Realnames. I really don't think the big picture is to buy that traffic to make a measly $500 a month. That is a waste of effort in my opinion. That type of conversion rate is simply awful.

The fact of the matter is the traffic is worth something especially if you can track the quality.

So speaking as someone who uses targeted traffic as a source of buyers for several ecommerce sites I say EMPHATICALLY hold it or find the right buyer.
I can't figure out why anyone would tell you it isn't worth anything???? We already know it is as it makes $400+ a month from ads.

Good luck. GO to overture and find out who is paying the most for keywords like "exotic cars" etc. and approach them.

John

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Togoodhlth .....I really don't think the big picture is to buy that traffic to make a measly $500 a month. That is a waste of effort in my opinion...... John [/B]

How many here have web-sites which make $500 a month? I would bet only a fraction of members are so fortunate!

You must have some amazingly good names and websites to consider $500-mo to be "measly" :razz:

Can you please share the names of those money-making sites so I can see how you have done so well? Thanks.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for all your insight guys, I think the Alexa rank is great because the site has only been up for 3 months.... we'll see what happens...thanks all

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edited

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Togoodhlth I really don't think it is due to simply good fortune. It is due to a lot of hard work. I built fantastic relationships with webmasters and even magazine editors who sent TONS of targeted traffic to my various sites. This traffic was converted by well written and strategically placed copy.

Some of my sites: Chimineas.com retail sales via shopping cart average around $6500 per month. My wholesale sales average approximately $400,000-$600,000 (per year) with over 80% of them generated from Chimineas.com (Not counting in store sales generated from the site). Incidentally this business was built strictly online. Skipsonline.com averages 20 inquiries per day for our products. I cannot give an exact number for my sales strictly generated from the Internet however I can give you a pretty good estimate which is $600,000 per year or roughly 13% of our gross sales last year.

BjsGazebos.com receives approximately 3-5 inquiries per day. I can't give the specifics publicly. I have a few other sites which are doing sales in the hundreds per month as well.

I guess I am thinking of it as a business and not as something done on the side. This is the reason I referred to $500 as "measly". Of course if this is strictly profit and there is no advertising budget and no employees then it's great extra income! It's even better if you can get 10 sites making $500 per month!

The businesses I would target the sales towards would be spending more then a few hundred dollars per month on keywords. Fast, PM me and I'll help you target the right buyers. Maybe I have some ideas you haven't thought of yet?? John

Great feedback John, you are amazingly successful especially at selling Chimineas, I do not even know what they are so am amazed the market for them is so big. Thanks again.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

Great feedback John, you are amazingly successful especially at selling Chimineas, I do not even know what they are so am amazed the market for them is so big. Thanks again.

Thanks Real!

Actually I wish the market were larger!:)

Believe me I didn't know what a chiminea was until 4-5 years ago and almost didn't sell them!

I forgot to mention I pay for keywords related to chimineas or outdoor fireplaces. This accounts for a LOT of sales and is far less than 100 uniques per day. This is the main reason I feel fasts' traffic is valuable to someone in his industry.

John

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks John, I'll be in touch - in the mean time, would you be so kind as to try and find an person interested in BIG automotive traffic? thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom