Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Highest Hyphenated Domain Sale Ever Reported Leads This Week's DNJ Top 20 Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. Hyphenated domains have always been viewed with disdain by most American domain investors, but those in Germany take a different view and a buyer based there has paid the highest price for a hyphenated domain ever reported to us (a .com domain that went for over $200,000). .Coms dominated the action this week, accounting for 15 of the 20 chart entries. The highest non .com domain is a German language .info that went for over $16,000. The remaining places on the leader board were taken by a pair of .orgs, a .net and the lone ccTLD on this week's list, a .co.uk domain that attracted over $9,000. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice article.

I noticed this one:

RickLatona.com attracted $4,000 with BeautyCream.com

Anyone else think that was way too low of a price? I would have expected that one to be worth much more than that?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Nice article.

I noticed this one:

Anyone else think that was way too low of a price? I would have expected that one to be worth much more than that?

Nice generic - yes, the price was low even for a brokered sale.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beautycream is actually an old term for facial cosmetics

antiaging, derma related products get much more traffic and with botox on the scene, beauty creams are really on the way out.

imo...

BTW: i've been regging, selling and monetizing hyphenated names for long time now.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just like the wording. Sounds like Rick was wearing Beauty Cream and it helped him woo a wad of cash.

Sales # 2 and 3 were both up for offers on this forum recently, wonder if the buyer was found here and paid at sedo, or if sedo actually did anything other than processed the funds...

tomsa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the report as usual :)
For the #14 spot, french for tax is impot (tarife is not a french word).

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice article.

I noticed this one:

Interesting - I recently sold him a couple along the same lines. I wonder how much he'll flip them for.. He must be on a beauty binge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom