Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

hijack attempt???

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have just received the following email on a domain I caught not too long ago.
If I ignore it, is everything ok, or should I take any other steps???
The domain sounds like it could be used by the company that seems to have initiated the transfer, but other than that, I have never heard of them.
Please advise.
Thanks.

We have received a request to transfer the domain name registration(s) listed below to Network Solutions(R). Upon completion of the transfer, the registrant for the domain name registration(s) will be Staffing Industry Analysts.

Date of the original request: May 26, 2004 2:51:51 PM EDT.

Domain Name Current Registrar
**XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX CENTRAL REGISTRAR, INC. D/B/A DOMAINMONGER.COM

**IMPORTANT: The domain name registration you have requested to transfer is in lock-status with your current Registrar. Please contact your current Registrar to remove the lock-status; once removed, continue with the authorization process below.

To protect against deceptive domain name registration transfers, ICANN requires all transfers to be authorized. To authorize this transfer request, access the secure web page at:

https://registrar-transfers.com/?h=
A response must be received within 15 days of the date of the original request, or this request will be cancelled. If you are unable to click on the link above, please paste the URL into your browser.

After you approve this transfer request, the current domain name service provider may also send an authorization request. When you receive this second request, you must respond with your approval, or the current provider may deny your transfer.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Customer Service at [email protected].

Network Solutions is committed to delivering high quality services to meet your needs. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Network Solutions Customer Support

------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address and cannot receive messages or replies.

(c) Copyright 2004 Network Solutions, LLC. All rights reserved.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
would *really* appreciate some advice.
The above email says 'I' initiated the transfer, while I did not.
Is there something I should do???

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A response must be received within 15 days of the date of the original request, or this request will be cancelled. If you are unable to click on the link above, please paste the URL into your browser.

it also seems the domain is locked, so I would say , that it is more a mtter of what you should not, do, which is not click on that link.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply!

What happens after the 60 days are up, and it becomes 'unlocked'?
Are there measures I should take.
Should I inform anyone?
The domain in question fits perfectly for the business name (generic, no TM) of the company requesting the transfer.

TIA!

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just to be extra careful i'd change your account password to something hard to guess (mix of numbers and mixed case letters e.g 1GsEsaC34D2) just in case they try to force your account (depends how desperate they are to get it.)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, will do.
Thanks.

I just didnt think this kind of think goes one regularly...
The domain in question has quite a high OVT, no TMs, and by the name of the company that has requested it, I can see why they did that. It's just scary to think that they would attempt to do so...

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have had a couple of these from different registrars on a few names over the last year. Just don't click the link!

Whomever initiated the transfer from the other end had to have paid for it. Maybe he's stupid enough to think that the domain will just automatically appear in his account. Or he could have misspelt it for the name that he meant to transfer. Or he could have used the wrong tld. Whatever, in every single case, I was never contacted again and my names have remained where they were.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After over 10 days, I am still getting this request on a daily basis now...
It is getting annoying.
If you were in my 'shoes' would you contact the company, or just leave it?

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got this on a name I own awhile back.. & yes I got them on a regular basis.

I did some research & found it that the person requesting the transfer was the previous owners.

I contacted them about it to see why they were doing it & asked if they would like to buy back the name.. never got a response. Figures!

The transfer requests stopped after the initial request was sent back as failed.. I think that takes like 15 days or something.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seeker - You can always file a complaint with InterNic http://reports.internic.net/cgi/registrars/problem-report.cgi as well as contact [email protected] - We report every one of these bogus transfers we get. Never hurts to post both the registry and the registrar as they can then block accounts from transfers in and stop a small portion of these fradulant transfer requests. Best of luck - Steve

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thank you Steve.
I will do just that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom