Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Hiroshima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My heart goes to the innocent souls (some 140,000) most of whom died on this day 60 years ago in Hiroshima, Japan when the atomic bomb was dropped. Same for those 80,000 in Nagasaki 3 days later.

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rest in Peace.
We will never forget..
Dimva

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
220,000 people wow. RIP

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RIP,those bombs saved many more lifes though.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have visited the memorial parks and museums in both Hiroshima and Nagasaki. A harrowing experience - I don't mind admitting publicly that I cried both times.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lets hope a madman never has control over nukes

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am afraid there are actually several mad men around with nukes at their disposal...

[US, Israel, Pakistan, misc terror groups etc...] :dead:

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
lets hope a madman never has control over nukes

Lets just hope they never use them.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sdsinc said:
I am afraid there are actually several mad men around with nukes at their disposal...

[US, Israel, Pakistan, misc terror groups etc...] :dead:

You will never see Israel use its nukes UNLESS it is attacked first...they are there strictly as a deterrant...and so far they have worked very well as that. If Israel did not have this capability they would have been attacked from all sides.

Sometimes weapons don't need to be "used" to be effective....that and Israel has no need to use them as it has one of top armies in the world.

And Hiroshima Nagasaki...were horrible things but had the Japanese not initiated the aggression the bombs would never have been dropped. Another thing to think of is how many lives would have been lost in a traditional ground war? A million ++?

Thats the problem with wars...any wars...people die. Its unfortunate that many of those peoples that start wars and lose them are unhappy with results and cry foul. There are responsibilities, accountibility and consequences to every action...some people think they are beyond those things.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI: The JAPANESE did NOT initiated the aggression; the Japanese militarists did. Many Japanese anti-war activists at home were actually persecuted. It's really sad that some people cannot tell the difference.

The bottom line is: those 220,000 innocent civilians were NEITHER responsible NOR accountable for anything their militant rulers (whom they did not elect) did.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
FYI: The JAPANESE did NOT initiated the aggression; the Japanese militarists did. Many Japanese anti-war activists at home were actually persecuted. It's really sad that some people cannot tell the difference.

The bottom line is: those 220,000 innocent civilians were NEITHER responsible NOR accountable for anything their militant rulers (whom they did not elect) did.

Give me a break...cut the semantics games.

I am not in the least anti Japanese ( or whatever its called ) My best friend and ex bis partner of 15 years is Japanese and I have discussed this many times with him and quite a few of his family members who spent time in internment camps and lost everything due to the war. They have never resorted to the semantics you have.

The fact of the matter...it was the Japanese government who intiated the attack. I am very sure there were anti war activists that wanted no part in the war that were killed...same as all the innocents the Japanese killed. If you want to play the insensitivity card that can be applied both ways.

Wars suck..innocent people die on both sides. As horrific as Hiroshima and Nagasaki were...the fact that this happened stopped this leg of the war in its tracks saving a million ++++ lives that would have been lost had it continued and battled conventionally.

If you want to be pissed off at someone be pissed off that the Japanese government ( which thankfully no longer exists )...they brought it upon themselves...and they were responsible for what their people suffered due to their actions.

Do I wish that all the innocent deaths never occurred of course ...

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The war was also fought with propaganda...so even if you did not have anything against the opposing side, the government brainwashed you to hate the enemy. I'm was talking about both sides, the U.S. and Japan.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lets just hope there were be no more nukes.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's really rude and insensitive that some people would basically say that these 220,000 innocent civilians deserved to die because of the faults of some fanatic militarists, esp. in a thread that is supposed to comfort their souls. :sad: :really sad:

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
It's really rude and insensitive that some people would basically say that these 220,000 innocent civilians deserved to die because of the faults of some fanatic militarists, esp. in a thread that is supposed to comfort their souls. :sad: :really sad:

It was a war...what don't you get? Wars suck and people die ...

I don't think anyone has said ANYONE deserved to die ... I know I wish
I could change it. But people died on BOTH sides ... not just Japanese.

If you want to talk about deaths apply your sympathy to BOTH sides ...
did all the people murdered and heinously tortured by the Japanese deserve it? I think not...

Japan imperial powers made some very poor choices among those partnering with the Nazis. You want to separate japanese from their government and its actions and unfortunatly that cannot be done.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will not get into this (potentially) heated battle, nor wether anyone should have nukes.
in the meant time, to get a VERY fair review, you may visit my site in the link following.
all text is copyrighted.
It is not an ad, since I do not have any method of making money from the site.

http://www.hiroshima.ws

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's really SAD that some uninformed people choose to trash a thread in memory of Hiroshima. But then the reality is: there are nice, decent and peace-loving people as well as rude, insensitive and fanatic ones. I'm glad that many decent and sane minds have shown up; and we'll simply ignore the confused. :roll eyes:

By the way seeker, did you write the words over at hiroshima.ws yourself?

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
grave of the fireflies, this anime movie about two kids trying to survive during this time in japan, it made me cry -_-

dotcomgiant

Technologist
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.

-- George Bernard Shaw, "Misalliance"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom