Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

closed Holidays.ca

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fellow DNF'ers,

For appraisal today is Holidays.ca

I have a decision or two to make with this name. It would be a big help if I could get the. CA community (and .COM, .Whatever, get in here!) to give me their opinions on this one.

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Daddys4

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Deal of the day site that targets holiday deals. There are many companies who lease out there platforms for deal of the day.
Or even travel deals might work, you can promote that year round.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Excellent name! mid to high $x,xxx reseller.

End user - $xx,xxx. It should be a fairly easy name to develop. I bet companies like travelocity, expedia would love to own a name like this.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the appraisals gents! It is one of my better names.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I just don't see how it can be worth anything. Imagine trying to brand that site. A vast majority of people would think you meant the dotcom version. Imagine advertising on the radio....how would you say it? If you advertised online people would think it was a typo.

You guys are really getting suckered in by all of the phoney nonsense that the .co registry has pulled. You are dreaming, and dreaming big time if you think that this garbage is ever going to amount to anything.

Notice that not many seasoned domainers would ever pay real money for this crap. If they do, they are counting on finding a greater fool to unload it on. The party is over before it has ever started. To even think about starting a business with this horseshit just goes to show you that there is a sucker born every minute.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just don't see how it can be worth anything. Imagine trying to brand that site. A vast majority of people would think you meant the dotcom version. Imagine advertising on the radio....how would you say it? If you advertised online people would think it was a typo.

You guys are really getting suckered in by all of the phoney nonsense that the .co registry has pulled. You are dreaming, and dreaming big time if you think that this garbage is ever going to amount to anything.

Notice that not many seasoned domainers would ever pay real money for this crap. If they do, they are counting on finding a greater fool to unload it on. The party is over before it has ever started. To even think about starting a business with this horseshit just goes to show you that there is a sucker born every minute.

It's Holidays.ca, NOT Holidays.co

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Who are you and what rock did you climb out from under? If this is an honest mistake and you misread the .co for .ca, fair enough, it happens. Regardless, your negative tone really, really sucks. I do not think I have ever seen a post by you on this site that was not negative.

I will give you one thing though. You sure are passionate!

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that. I see so much .Co that I misread the name. I will leave my mistaken post up, as it does make a bit of a point about extensions that are not dotcom......they are easily misread.

I am not a fan of Holidays.ca, but it is at least a legitmate name, unlike the fraud that would be Holidays.co. Good luck with it. I am an expert on horseshit entensions and exposing fraudsters. The .ca entension is worthwhile, while the .co extension is a fraud.

Good luck, though I really don't think as a stand alone name it is very valuable. Names that require extreme effort in developing in order to extract any value are generally not worth a lot, since once you develop them they then become businesses, not domain names. I can see where someone might develop Holidays.ca, but I am guessing that you will not be getting any big offers for the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom