Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

home.info / office.info / work.info

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if these actually dropped? They were scheduled to drop today. I had hoped they would be available at snapnames but alas I see it aint so

Anybody know what happened?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope, must've been reserved due to the TM scandal...Loans.info was supposed to drop as well...its all BS and I'm sure ICANN will make a hefty profit from this within the next coming years.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lots of names were supposed to have dropped and it has not happened.

Yet another case of registries violating their own rules while ICANNt does absolutely nothing about it.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PocketDomains will most likely catch them when they go. Afilias/ICANN might as well let PocketDomains back the truck up and load whatever they want.

WhoWhere

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I would really like to know is who's hiding behind PocketDomains and how they became #1 at catching .INFO domains the same day they entered the game.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they dropped someone would pay too much any ways and in 7 yrs still be stuck with them. .INFO , premium words or not are a TOUGH sale. Infact prices today are just starting to surpass drop prices years ago. BAD investments from the start. Dont get me wrong many keywords have sold for big money but over all, poor performers.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they dropped someone would pay too much any ways and in 7 yrs still be stuck with them. .INFO , premium words or not are a TOUGH sale. Infact prices today are just starting to surpass drop prices years ago. BAD investments from the start. Dont get me wrong many keywords have sold for big money but over all, poor performers.

... Which is exactly what many said about .com's in 1999, when many great generic word .coms were dropped by owners after holding them for 5 ot 6 years...

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are not hiding. If you were watching .info drops you would have seen his name popup every now and then.

As to how they became #1:
money plus a lot of work (with the right people)

What I would really like to know is who's hiding behind PocketDomains and how they became #1 at catching .INFO domains the same day they entered the game.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Juniper, dont you love this attitude? As long as you guys think that LLL and .com are the only money makers, I will continue to profit from .info, .net, and .org. Keep it coming.

WhoWhere

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are not hiding. If you were watching .info drops you would have seen his name popup every now and then.

As to how they became #1:
money plus a lot of work (with the right people)

Well, last year it was "Pocket Domain" with an address practically next to eNom which led to speculation that it was them. Right after than they started using WHOIS "privacy" to hide the data. I've never seen an actual name. I guess I've missed it?

My own opinion (which is a speculation) is that the way they've became number #1 has something to do with a little known but extremely effective .info drop-catcher called webagentur which basically stopped catching serious domains virtually the same day Pocket Domain appeared - and now they're out of the drop game completely.

ChrissyBoi

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
with the type of hign end generic names, it would see right up the alleyway of Kevin Ham, but I'm not so sure if he is into .info's as big as he is with other extensions.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know this for fact, but I think that PocketDomains are one or two fairly well known domainers who have some backing and some very aggressive drop-catch technology at work. I assume they are rapidly hammering away on the info drops with multiple servers. Having become stealth was obviously very important to them. I don't doubt back door alliance with a major registrar. dotINFO hard to catch imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom