Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Hope for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to tell you guys about a domain I recently purchased.

It had never been registered before so I obviously got it for reg fee. It's not a typo, it's the .net version of a popular .com domain (not TM'd)

So far this month it's earned me an average of $23/day at fabulous. I know that's only 5 days, but the traffic and earnings have been steady for those days and hopefully it will continue.

So, for those who think you can't get into the domain biz and earn a bit of money these days without having a huge bankroll - think again. You just need a bit of forsight, a bit of luck, and a bit of work :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cool...

I was trying do find a name like this and found Miniclip.org available with an OVT of over 200 w/ extension...

I got all excited and then realized when I checked with Enom it was a whois glitch :-(

NameRegistration

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
cool...

I was trying do find a name like this and found Miniclip.org available with an OVT of over 200 w/ extension...

I got all excited and then realized when I checked with Enom it was a whois glitch :-(

That happened to me too with a really nice name (I won’t release the name because after that I decide to make an offer to the owner and I’m still negotiating). I had in mind the website I will develop in it before I was logged in the registrar. Then I found out that it was a whois glitch. :disappoin

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had that happen too, you get all pumped up and then can't register it :(

The reason the domain I bought is earning well is that it's one of those domains that naturaly feels like it should be a .net instead of a .com - I can't believe the company didnt register it.

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update on this domain.

The company in question phoned today and want the domain name, they've got a TM so I'm not gonna fight for it (also don't want to antagonize people I do business with outside the domain field).

Good news is that they insisted on paying me $1250 even though I said they could have it for free - fairly funny, I was arguing that I don't want the money and he was arguing that I had to take it, so I let him win the argument lol

Oh well, at least it wasn't a domain I paid $5k for - can't complain for a $6.95 investment :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
druid, congrats on your return.

GT Web said:
cool...

miniclip.org sounds like thin ice to me.

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks steen :)

I sent them over 2 other possible TM typos which got no traffic, I told them they didn't get anything and that I didn't expect any payment for them - but they upped the payment to $2125 anyway.

I would have still prefered to keep the main one and earned $20+/day but I guess I can't complain with this deal on a TM issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom