Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Hotel Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

pliddle

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of hotel domain names where I have a citynamehotels or a statenamehotels, for both US and international cities. I got these because of the generally good search rates, and very decent CPC, but it seems I don't know what to do with them. To develop them with a white label affiliate program and try to rank high? (I found its very difficult to beat the top results in this: tripadvisor, hotels.com, etc.) or try and sell to a end user, never had any success at all with that.

Just would like some opinions and see what people have done in the past. Thanks!

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just curious - what extension?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
take your citynamehotels.com domains and build one page sites for them with listings of main hotels in that city. you can monetize with adsense and affiliate programs (like hotels.com affiliate program through CJ.com). At least it's a start. If any start getting good traffic you can build the site out more. You can phone up some of the hotels, let them know you are 'cityname'hotels.com and see if they want a featured listing (top of page, highlighted, etc) and charge for it.

with the State hotels, there are so many it would be hard to build a decent site for it unless you had some help and resources (so many hotels).

Another idea would be to contact owners of Cityname.com's if they have websites set up, and see if they want to partner with you. For example, Chicago.com partnering with ChicagoHotels.com

There is always room for good directory sites, many of the existing ones hide some of the details so you will order through them, and search engine listings can be outdated and not give much info. Focus on a quality directory site. People looking for hotels might also be looking for restaurants and other attractions in the city too.

pliddle

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like the idea of partnering with Cityname.com's will def. give that a try, always figured directory was my best way to monetize, SEO will be tough but worth a shot I guess. Thanks for the post hugegrowth.

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PM me the names if your looking to sell. I may be interested.

I honestly dont think city.coms will be interested...they will be working on their own hotels page.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simple hotel sites will not work. I've tried and failed with them (city+hotels combination, see hotelsglasgow.com as an example). You simply cannot get anywhere close to the top because Google has their own listings which takes much of the first page + the largest sites, and good luck beating them. My advice: you either make an advanced website with not only hotels, but quality articles about the to do's in the city, things that can go viral - even then, you will have very hard time to gain popularity. You cannot make traffic with hotel listings, at least not decent amount. So, if you want to make money, then forget about simple hotel listing page.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
travelshark has done well in this space

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom