Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

how 2 undo a domain renewal at godaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
o got five notifications my card had expired for a domain i didnlt want to renew. today clever godaddy used my paypal to renew it. is there some way i can undo this? I can't believe i got stuck paying a renewal for a name i no longer want and was never my idea to begin with.

is there a way?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you should select all domain names you dont want to auto renew and disable the auto renewal. Once renewed, its not refundable.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

godaddy renews domains 60-90 days in advance if you have the renewal option active!

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
then why did they send me notices saying the domain was under an expired card and wouldn't be renewed unless i logged in and changed the information?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they will use backup payment options if you have that option setup in your account. They will try the first payment option several times, before using your backup option. This is a safe payment option for anyone who does not want to loose a domain name due to credit card expiry. In your case, you did not know about the renewal system. I would review your payment options, if you don't want paypal to issue auto payments, then you need to log into paypal and delete them from your list.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nope i emailed them and they said there was no acct manager. Godaddy plays dumb a lot and I'm sick of it. they didn;t use the backup option on another name that expired. Godaddy picks and chooses when they are efficient and reimbursement to me for the career downtime and frustration for this one company's services could enable me to retire.

ps i find a woman going in circles with few wins very apt for a Godaddy advertising rep.

NextClick

Names *****istrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last time it happened to me, I just called them and they reversed the charge.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am dismantling all 4 og my godaddy ohoting accounts today. Sick of the bs and lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom