Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How about a new subforum for Name and/or Namecheap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've found that both Name and Namecheap which are both comparable medium-size registrars are just as popular w/domainers as Dynadot for instance, with many of my own buyers/sellers using them and they're both well known on the marketplaces I've used a few years. And they both have a much stronger presence than NetEarthOne for example, which does have a subforum with DNF

Bill Mushkin just sold his Name.com to Demand Media for a mighty buck so now good old stand-by Enom is in bed with Name, strange bedfellows does that union make lol ! I've done more biz w/Name than w/Enom but they're really different. And I've also wondered if Name will change and become more like Enom, the bigger of the two, for example. I've praised Name here for introducing the 1st double-authentication method of any registrar other than Fabulous (others have had it but charge for that on an ongoing basis) for a one-time fee, Go Daddy did it later and others may have since

Namecheap has given me really good results the past couple of years. Surprisingly intricate security for a registrar that size (they've had their own ICANN accreditation for some time and are working on becoming their own registrar, until then they remain technically a reseller of Enom, which you simply would never know unless you checked a domain of theirs in the WHOIS, they are not an "Enom light" and they're pretty professional) Those who've read a couple of other posts from me know I am not about praising registrars at all these days, Go Daddy and Moniker are good examples. But Namecheap's support is excellent although their prices are similar to Dynadot and Name unless there's a promo, but they have one every month. Their CP is nothing special, and it could be improved but it has all the functions you'll need even if you have to go to a 2nd page. They even added a push code system which afaik only Moniker has had. It won't prevent theft, and basically all it does is not let anyone push a domain to you w/o your permission (I'd never have a problem w/another guy pushing a name to me for free, even if I didn't want it, unless the domain was hot lol.....) but as a general security measure I appreciated their effort

I'm sure both subforums can't be added just like that, maybe not even one of them, and Dynadot may be more significant than Name in some aspects I don't know while Namecheap is still featured as Enom's largest reseller, but it's just some food for thought that perhaps NetEarthOne should be replaced by another registrar people actually use a lot more.....
:idea:

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, Johnn, there are many members here who use those two, I've bought/sold names with guys from DNF. Name.com especially, but now Namecheap is gaining ground. Both are well known, I'm sure you've used one or both at some point

As I said, Name is comparable to Dynadot, but I notice that hardly anybody ever goes to the Dynadot thread. I'm sure as more people use the two I mentioned this will be suggested. It also helps if the registrar has a rep/manager here who responds to concerns users have, like Bari now at Enom, and John from Moniker/SnapNames. I never see any reps from Dynadot, or from Dotster which is weird since Dotster is a large registrar, but both of these should be kept. Go Daddy has three usernames (at least) here but no one ever answers, so they're as good as having no one

Now, I have no idea who here uses NetEarthOne, here or anywhere. Maybe it was a promising registrar back in the day. But I've only heard that registrar name once or twice in years, honest lol. That thread space can be given to Name, or even Namecheap down the road.....
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators