Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How accurate is Overture

Status
Not open for further replies.

nniguy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

How accurate is overture as far as name with extension results. I am looking at a name that has an overture score of 1013 with extension. Will it likely get decent traffic?

Thanks

Domain Days 2024

Kirkos

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will give it a try :)

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its a nice indicator of traffic most of the times.

Majnoon

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i recently registres a name with 1300 OVT with ext but traffic wise it is not that much. doesn't get traffic. may be 2 or 3 uniques a day.

so carefull as OVT can be faked. best thing to do register names where u are allowed to drop them and get some of ur money.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nniguy said:
Hi everyone,

How accurate is overture as far as name with extension results. I am looking at a name that has an overture score of 1013 with extension. Will it likely get decent traffic?

Thanks
It sounds good. However I have names with OVT >1000 and very little traffic. OVT is only one factor among others.
High OVT does not mean high traffic or type-in. Even without the traffic the name could be worth something though. Do some domain tasting if unsure :cheeky:

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Overture is already a good indication for traffic. With this high score, I would definetly register the domain. In case you don't want to register the domain, let me know I will register it and share the profit ;-)

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Overture doesnt mean that much.. it can be manipulated.. sure it will tell you if a domain receives some traffic.. but dont rely solely on ovt with extension when registering, do more research.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use OVT as a general indicator of search interest. Often low search terms will still generate sizable bids. Rarely do I type in a domain with extension as that's typically going in the address bar anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom