Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How accurate is traffic information on SEDO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am interested in buying domain name which is showing:

Visitors to this domain website: XX.XXX (in last 31 days)

My question is, how accurate is this number ? I am interested in buying traffic domain but this can be some fake generated traffic or it can be some scam.

Do you know how to prove the traffic or how Sedo is filtering this traffic ?

Thanks !!

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo seems pretty good at filtering traffic, but if a seller wants to manipulate a listing, they could easily do that. I'd recommend contacting the seller through WHOIS information and see if they will agree to traffic test, where they change the nameservers over for a period of time so you can evaluate source of traffic.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with INFORG, I would never trust the statistics provided by the listing platform - SEDO, GoDaddy or any other. If nameserver change isn't possible, perhaps they can provide or allow you access to Google Analytics data, which is pretty trustworthy if authentic.

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I had sent him an email already...some small seller...no private registration + his email is only on 35 other domains. I will see what he will write back. My main goal is to park this domain name so for me 1 week parked on my rookmedia account will do the job to see the revenue from clicks and also if the traffic will ever convert.

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Seller disagrees to change nameservers for 48 hours...it smells like scam because there are "NO DATA" in Alexa and he claims that this domain is gold and he won't change it because it's estimating revenue...so yea, he can keep that domain.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how much money did you offer the owner, to test the domain?

also, how can you test by pointing to another ppc, as you would have to own the domain to add to your account.

additionally, all ppc services do not count all traffic equally, nor will it convert the same across the board.

unless you understand what a quality domain is, you'll never know what quality traffic is.

alexa ain't the qualifier dude, you gotta do a lot more research than that.

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom