Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How can I get my name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a domain registered to me but the registrar has put himself down as all contacts. I have telephoned, emailed and faxed a request to change the contact details or approve a transfer and my requests are ignored. The Enom transfer request has been ignored twice so far.
The registrar is called "sharedknowledge" and is based in the UK, the name is a .net - other than going to the office and speaking sharply to the owner, what is my best action to force them to either change the contact details or approve the transfer?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Report them to the registrar they are reselling for?

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989
Report them to the registrar they are reselling for?

Sounds like good advice.... I have seen this before, but normally you can transfer out. Go to the source!!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - that seems to be the route, its registered with Network Solutions and they have sent me a form to fill out and faxback - hopefully I will get my name shortly .... {thinks ... havn't I heard comments about Network Solutions ???}

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Thanks guys - that seems to be the route, its registered with Network Solutions and they have sent me a form to fill out and faxback - hopefully I will get my name shortly .... {thinks ... havn't I heard comments about Network Solutions ???}

Ouch - NSI - But at least they are providing a way out. Make sure you make it a complaint to them, so this jerk cannot do this to anyone else - kind of our responsibility as regulars in this biz....

Imagine someone with no resources or anyone to ask?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes Lew I made it absolutely clear that I needed their help as this guy was a complete waste of time.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom