Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How can I get my names back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haakon

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stupid as I am, I registered some 20 names with dodora.com.

Now, one of them has expired, and it is a three-letter .net.

I can't change them, I get no replies from the company.

Is there any way I can move all my domains from them to another registrar? The admin-info etc. is correct, so it should be no problem proving that I am the owner.

I need this to happen fast, if not my domain may disappear totally... :(

ChrisMacleod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

You can't transfer a domain if it is expired, most registrars will not let you transfer the domain if it is going to expire within the next 30 days.

You will have to renew the expired domain with the current registrar then move it.

You shouldn't have a problem transferring the other domains unless they are about to expire as you are the admin contact.

Good luck, hope you get a response from your registrar

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
some registrars have a week grace period after it expires where you can reg for there basic rate, otherwise you may have to pay a larger fee to egister it 100-200 dollars possible

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a suggestion, transfer them all to me. I will hold them for you. Only kidding but if you let a three letter domain expire that is your own fault not the providers. And as stated you need to re-register them if you have less than thirty days left on your current ownership, then transfer. But I will still, take them off your hands.

Haakon

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If only I could get in touch with the #)(/¤&%"#% I would (probably) be OK. I have sent a mail to Icann to see if they can help me sort this out. I have also sent a mail to joker.com, the registrar I will transfer to.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An expired domain typically can't be transferred to another registrar.

You should renew it asap before it goes into the redemption period - once that happens, you'll be looking at around $200+ to get it - and that's assuming the registrar chooses to offer you that option.

Renew it RIGHT NOW (and any others expiring soon), then deal with the transfer out issue afterwords ...

Ron

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If it's past the redemption period, you'll see it being snapped.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Renew it RIGHT NOW

He probably can't. Dodora is a basket case.

Dodora had a $100K judgment against it in Texas. The plaintiff levied upon Dodora's registrar operation, and entered into a contract with Directi to manage Dodora's registrar operation. That worked fine for a couple of months until Dodora brought a separate action against Directi in Massachusetts, and has temporarily regained control of its registrar operation. In the meantime, all sorts of nutty things have been happening to domain names there.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think that's pure domain piracy.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
I think that's pure domain piracy.

Without the jolly roger, the peg legs, the eyepatches, and the occasional
"Arrr! Arrr!". What a mess for those who registered with Dodora.

Haakon said:
II have also sent a mail to joker.com, the registrar I will transfer to.

Forget it, joker can't help: they've no rights to domains outside of them.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with radiostar....it will be snapped.....look closer at your experation dates especially if you have a good one. I will probably be bidding on it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I am not "radiostar" - don't want to be killed by video.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
I am not "radiostar" - don't want to be killed by video.
d:)

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry radi, honest typo, no pun intended....lol

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like it ...

There doesn't appear to be much at radiostar.com - perhaps you should buy it d:) :laugh: :cheesy:

Or perhaps become DomainStar - intuitive and DomainStar.com is available for sale on Sedo ..

Ron

Somewhere I recall reading something about how ICANN has a procedure in place for dealing with financially troubled registrars - perhaps John or someone can find more ... or perhaps it was just my imagination running wild :undecided

A tactic that may be effective in allowing to maintain "ownership" for the timebeing is to sue the registrar and/or other parties...

While that obviously may prompt some action to be taken, it more importantly will allow a court injuction to be sought blocking the deletion the of the domain(s), etc.

Ron

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was that an attack on me or on the person that let his own domain slip? If it was then.. Just say it directly. I didn't start this post, and okay I got one letter wrong, well what was it then?

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ICANN has a procedure in place for dealing with financially troubled registrars - perhaps John or someone can find more .

They are supposed to. They never implemented the registar data escrow program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom