Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Affiliate Programs How can i optimize revenue for my type of game site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenderStream1

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i own an browser based mmorpg game. I want to optimize it for revenue, been using adsense and it gets alot of impressions, over 45k impressions a day.

However, adsense has trouble finding releveant ads and thus the CTR is poor. Any ideas?

Link to site: www. crime nation .com

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You ads look like they were targeting fine to me...I got offers for "Free Online RPG", and "Avatar Game" and other online type games.

One problem is your ads are below the fold. I've found that this significantly weakens CTR. Try using a 728 x 90 leaderboard ad at the top of your page or right below your logo. Then, I would use small button type ads by your main navigation panel (where your users are going to do most of their clicking). Remember to use colors that allow your ads to be seen easily, yet I would stay away from any colors too bright or over-the-top as this decreases clicks, in my opinion.

Good luck!

RenderStream1 said:
Hi guys, i own an browser based mmorpg game. I want to optimize it for revenue, been using adsense and it gets alot of impressions, over 45k impressions a day.

However, adsense has trouble finding releveant ads and thus the CTR is poor. Any ideas?

Link to site: www. crime nation .com

RenderStream1

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, ive been meaning to do what you said about the leaderboard. But i feel the header is already very large as it is. But i will take a look over it soon.

Also, you said to use colors that stand out.. is it a good idea to blend the bg color of the adsense with the bg of my background?

thanks alot.

bwb

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RenderStream1 said:
Thanks, ive been meaning to do what you said about the leaderboard. But i feel the header is already very large as it is. But i will take a look over it soon.

Also, you said to use colors that stand out.. is it a good idea to blend the bg color of the adsense with the bg of my background?

thanks alot.
Ya maybe try a yellow on the Google ads or something that will stand out of the dark back ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom