Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How can we domainers get exposure like this on Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok - I understand that we live in a world where someone might be willing to truly pay $28,000 for a grilled cheese sandwich, or $15,000+ for a piece of toast, or where shill bids abound and abound, but would somebody please explain to me how a toast auction like this gets 134,300 visits in such a short period of time? I haven't exactly made much use of my own Ebay account, so I'm not very knowledgeable about what it takes to attract a lot of attention on Ebay. I'm sure all of us domainers could benefit from this, since the vast majority of us have something with some real value beyond the piece of toast currently making news...http://kyw.com/water/watercooler_story_127125317.html ...Or is the whole thing a shill and a shell game? Do so many people really have nothing better to do - do so many people really wake up one day and say to themselves, "I think I'll do a search on Ebay for something about that woman who ran away for a little while"?

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, that's a good one. Uncanny resemblence too, that guy should be an artist. Well, I'd have to say the bids in this case are probably all fake (happens a lot on ebay) unless they are people who truly want to make a donation for a good cause. As for the hits, I'm sure this piece of toast hit the news networks and that's why so many people have looked it up. Probably about 1 out of the 134,300 auction visits were from casual browsers and that was probably the guy who posted it. Interesting story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom