Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How could Suggestion Tool returns have such amazing variations month to month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by aactive ... overture just updated to October results....Shaun

Yes, I see that too Shaun. Thanks for pointing it out. When I checked earlier today the suggestion tool numbers for the 2 misspells sangash.org and sangsh.org, and the real name sanjesh.org were as stated by the seller 240 and 473, and 51,000 for the real name based on Sept returns.

Now the 2 misspells have no returns at all and the real name sanjesh.org dropped all the way down to 2391, a huge drop from 51,000.

How do you think this could happen? It seems extremely wierd though I have seen big differences in the past but not nearly as dramatic as these 3 orgs. Very odd to say the least.

My own type-in (suggestion tool) names with extensions seem to stay approx' the same month after month with only minor variations.

P.S. Posting it here as a new thread so Mikes sales thread is not damaged.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the answer lies in "how Overture gets this result?" If the results come from whether the customer uses Overture's services. Assume that this e-trade company in Iran used Overture services in September but deceased it in December then Overture gives no result or very low numbers. This is my logic but someone who works for Overture sure gives better answer.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames

As we all know, OVT always has some qwerky results. I think many of the big fluctuations we see on many names are the result of things like media attention on the site/term, hits by speculators on upcoming names that are going to drop, and sometimes manipulation by domain sellers.

Obviously, there are many reasons, but I think the above are a few.

Shaun

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
could be that the real site went down for a few days ( hosting problem) and the users who normally go there couldnt find the page so they searched msn for the name

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom