Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How Deep Must it Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidwest

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If a major player, ebay for example (its not), decides to get every domain that ends in ****ebay with a C&D/and or WIPO... Then once that task is completed they decide to get every domain that has "ebay" in it - ie ****ebaye, at what point dose it start to be considered a joke?

My wife has a domian that had the major players domain inside of it, but it actually has a completely different phonetic sound, last letters, etc.. we actually didnt even realize that it included the "major player" because the main site that we are building ended in a digit and it is probably safe.

The other two that were purchased so as not to compete with someone cloning our main site by spelling the digit contain the "major player's" domain if you add a letter onto the end.

We could probably surrender the two domains in question and it shouldnt hurt the whole project too much (although this is an unknown). It is just that the whole process is starting to IRK me that the net has fallen victim to the big corps pushing the little guy around just because they have a legal department and i dont.

I have never had a problem with any domain in this manner mostly because my domains were junk and if anyone ever would have asked i would have given it to them rather than create a black mark for myself. But this one irks me as i said, soooo, i guess the question really is if i am really irked what is the process?

Sit back and wait for them to file a complaint? and then go to court if i am doubly irked?

also, where is court? the state of registrar? how about wipo? can i change to a registrar in my state before papers are filed?

i hope that it made a little sense as it is hard to explain without spelling out the domains...

davidwest

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Copper,
problem is that this big company sells "everything" so that would leave me able to sell nothing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom