Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How do I become a reseller

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greetings,
I hope somebody can help me on a few issues. :confused:

I want to buy around 50 to 100 domains and then sell them. I will only buy and sell domains and nothing else. What should I do? I have never sold a domain before.

1. Should I open a reseller account?
2. If so, do I have to register with genuine a name and address or is it alright to register with any name and address? Will those information be available on whois searches?
3. What happens to the people who bought the domains from me after I quit the reselling thing in a year or so? Let's say I build my own website verynicedomains.com and sell them via that website. What happens to buyers when I close my website?
4. When using, for instance enom's reseller program how do you receive payments by credit card? Are the payments collected in your balance and can you then use that to buy new names or to transfer the balance to your paypal?
5. Can I sell the names in an auction?
6. What does a buyer see when opening a domain that I'm selling? Can I change that page or put some information on it on enom for instance? Can I park the domain anywhere I want?

Thanks for helping a newbie. :wave:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greetings,
I hope somebody can help me on a few issues. :confused:

I want to buy around 50 to 100 domains and then sell them. I will only buy and sell domains and nothing else. What should I do? I have never sold a domain before.

1. Should I open a reseller account?
2. If so, do I have to register with genuine a name and address or is it alright to register with any name and address? Will those information be available on whois searches?
3. What happens to the people who bought the domains from me after I quit the reselling thing in a year or so? Let's say I build my own website verynicedomains.com and sell them via that website. What happens to buyers when I close my website?
4. When using, for instance enom's reseller program how do you receive payments by credit card? Are the payments collected in your balance and can you then use that to buy new names or to transfer the balance to your paypal?
5. Can I sell the names in an auction?
6. What does a buyer see when opening a domain that I'm selling? Can I change that page or put some information on it on enom for instance? Can I park the domain anywhere I want?

Thanks for helping a newbie. :wave:

1. get a reseller at Enom > other account holders, including myself can set-up an account for you with $8.95 pricing for .com/net/org/biz/info and us domains, for no charge. you can also get accounts at domainsite/moniker/godaddy/namecheap/dotster and some others that offer free push of domains to other accounts at the same registrar. so when you sell a domain, you can easily "push" it to the buyer.

2. you true profile info should be listed as part of the whois record. you can also use "whois" privacy

3. when you sell a domain, it does not matter if you still keep the site that you have developed, in fact you really don't need a site of your own to sell domains. it does help to have a site which lists all of your names for sale, in case you get inquiries, you can direct them to that site. (see my logo in my signature)

4. when using enom or any other registrar, your payments from domain sales can be sent via paypal/escrow/ or buy selling names from sedo or using moniker's escrow...even afternic.com

5. yes

6. you can park the domain anywhere you are accepted at. or you can put up a web page for that domain if you wish, with any pertinent info.

if you need further assistance.....

pm me

Good Luck!

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information. I'm very happy I found this forum. Cheers.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The first thing you should do is go to the legal section and use the search box and use the terms "trademark" and "TM" and read all the threads associated with trademarks. This will save you time and money in hte long run.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I went to enom's website and picked the 495 usd option and signed up. But I have a problem now.

After the sign-up there was a form that I had to print out and it is 9 pages. They wan't me to sign the form and to fax it, plus (because I'm outside the US they want me to ) fax a copy of my ID, plus fax a copy of my credit card (front and back).

I absolutely hate faxes. I had many problems everytime when I had to fax something. I don't like the idea of faxing so many pages.

Another big problem is that I don't feel like passing away my credit card information on fax. It could end up on anybodies hand. Entering the information on a website is different. It is encripted. I had ID theft issues with my credit card in the past. And the bank does ask you these kind questions when there is an issue. I would have to tell my bank that I have faxed photocopies of my credit card to a company.

I feel like calling the bank and trying to cancel the payment. I'm not hapy at all with my experience with enom so far.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have called my bank and they said "don't send any copies of our card". They said it wasn't normal the company asks for copies of my credit card. Unfortunately the money is already taken from my account and now I have to start a dispute to get my money back if I can.

I wish somebody here had warned me about enom asking credit card photocopies to be faxed when you are outside the US.

Bookworm SEO

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't have any reseller or whatever stuff like that, and I'm offering my domains for sale. What are they necesssary for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom