Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

how do i broadcast movies live in LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

I run an internet cafe, its got about 45 pc's. What i want to do is broadcast movies live from the MAIN server to all the other pc's connected to our network(in the internet cafe), but i am stuck on which software is best tool to use for doing it? i heard alot about using .ram to broadcast live, or i can use windows media player. obviously connection is not an issue as its on lan, also anyone have experience on how much cpu it uses to do a live video broadcasting?

if this works i want to do the same for music as well...

Btw i need to know which software to use too! for music i can do it with shoutcast, but not sure what to use for movies, i heard of real creator but never used it before.

Any help would be nice :)

blindchild

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello, I run a cafe myself. You can do this by streaming the music, You can start a webserver like it should have these songs in the playlist and run this with your main computer. Songs will be played into all pcs. For movies use media player , usuage is not much even.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dotcomgiant said:
www.videolan.org/vlc/ -- The best free of cost solution, released under GNU/GPL so no licensing headaches.

enjoy.....

I just downloaded it, wow, it plays everything, :) thanks alot, will get to work on the server straigt away today and hopefully will get somewhere by the end of the day. :)

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no idea how long it took, took a while ^^ but i am now fully streaming movies now on all pc's . It works perfect except when all 45 pc's tune in, then the internet speed is EXTREMELY slow, almost like 5-10 kbps.

Though thats probably because of the data transfered. Tommorow i will add the music and that should be me done for a few weeks till i get bored again ^^

hopefully advertising the fact that you can watch the latest dvd's free when you get use our pc's should bring more customers.

Thanks for you help again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom