Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How do I buy a .de, secondary market, if I am not a German?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Is there anyone who is not German that has had success securing ownership rights to .de domains? If so, how did you do it and is it legal? Thanks for any clues. :embarrass

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello mole,

Unfortunately you have to have a German address and bank account. Let me know, if I can help in any way.

[email protected]

M

mole

Originally posted by chase
Unfortunately you have to have a German address and bank account. Let me know, if I can help in any way.

Hey, thanks guys. The conditions are really strict aren't they. I was hoping that perhaps the restrictions had been loosened of late. But guess not.

Will definitely look you guys up when the time is ripe for a move in.

Dunkershien.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should really be:
Danke schön

morena

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.de is a restricted tld. the admin-c of a a .de domain name has to be located in Germany whereas the domain owner does not have to be located in Germany.

There are some German registrars offering a so called "automatic domain name trustee service". (e.g. http://www.united-domains.de/suchen-registrieren/ausland/)

That means that non-German customers may register .de domain names. As admin-c the registrar automatically includes a trustee (e.g. a German lawyer).

Hope, this helps.

morena

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello mole

it's very easy n simple to register .de domains even if you are non german. if u still need help just pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom