Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How do I earn revenue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoyer

Hoyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this and not familiar with computers and this industry, so I hope its okay to ask a "not so clever" question.

I started investing in domains a few months ago and I now own 160 names. Then I worked together with a PHP5 engineer to develope a great template for all my names to place ads on them and earn revenue.
BUT now I would like to place ads from Yahoo on my websites, but there is a problem. At Yahoo Publisher's sign up-page it says that I need to a U.S. social security or Tax ID. I live in Denmark in Europe, so does anybody know if its possible for me at all to show ads from Yahoo???

We then looked at Google's AdSense but the sizes of the 'ad-boxes' are very specific and will not immediately fit to the template we have created.

We have looked at sites as www.bahamavacations.com, www.eatingdisorders.com, and www.fees.com. We were hoping to show ads in the same way.

Can anyone help me to get further with my project? How do you do this and which company do you use to place ads on your template? Yahoo, Google or others??
Thank you very much in advance! :)

Best regards
Mogens Hoyer

Domain Days 2024

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this and not familiar with computers and this industry, so I hope its okay to ask a "not so clever" question.

That's all fine & dandy, but did you have to post is SO MANY TIMES?

People are pretty helpful around here, once is enough. If someone has an answer, they'll usually volunteer it.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...so does anybody know if its possible for me at all to show ads from Yahoo??? We then looked at Google's AdSense but the sizes of the 'ad-boxes' are very specific and will not immediately fit to the template we have created.

This makes no sense because the size of YPN and Adsense units are *both* very specific. In fact, I believe they are the same sizes.

Why would ad boxes *not* be specific? Also, would it not be relatively simple to adjust the ad unit size in your template?

Last edited:

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We then looked at Google's AdSense but the sizes of the 'ad-boxes' are very specific and will not immediately fit to the template we have created.

Then do the logical thing .... change your template.

Yahoo is NOT open to Danish clients , and in any case they use similar sizes as Google.
They are standard sizes , so make the ad sizes in your template standard ?

-------------edit----
Trader pipped me whilst I was posting :)

Hoyer

Hoyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for all your answers and PM's, I appreciate them.

Sorry to ask these incoherently questions. Unfortunately I know so little about all this, but still I'm very determined to find out if its still possible to get into this industry. So my part is mostly investing money in names and then I pay experts to help me afterwards.
So actually I'm afraid that I didn't understand my own "expert" right when he told me to ask a question in here. sorry. (about specific sizes of ad-'boxes')

But also some very good PM's to this. And I now understand that its not possible for me to contact Yahoo directly. I should have found out earlier.

Still I would be very glad to hear more from anyone that can recommend the best company for me to work with and get ads through. If interested you can see some of my names on powerdomaining.com just to give some examples and from there give me some advise.

Thank you.

Best regards
Mogens Hoyer

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for all your answers and PM's, I appreciate them.

Sorry to ask these incoherently questions. Unfortunately I know so little about all this, but still I'm very determined to find out if its still possible to get into this industry. So my part is mostly investing money in names and then I pay experts to help me afterwards.
So actually I'm afraid that I didn't understand my own "expert" right when he told me to ask a question in here. sorry. (about specific sizes of ad-'boxes')

But also some very good PM's to this. And I now understand that its not possible for me to contact Yahoo directly. I should have found out earlier.

Still I would be very glad to hear more from anyone that can recommend the best company for me to work with and get ads through. If interested you can see some of my names on powerdomaining.com just to give some examples and from there give me some advise.

Thank you.

Best regards
Mogens Hoyer

Hoyer
You have some quite good names
I suggest you park your names while you are waiting to develop and monetize
You could use one of these 3 trusted companies:
Fabulous.com, Namedrive.com or Parked.com
Just apply for an account and follow the simple instructions on changing the DNS
Then when you are ready to go live on a developed name, change the DNS back to your host
This method is much better than owning names that do not resolve

Hoyer

Hoyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Joe,

thanks very much for your answer here. It is critical information to me as I have come to point now where I need to see if my investing in names can make positive revenues.
Actually I have tried two weeks ago to apply for parking at Parked.com but they denied it. I thought that I had been lucky/good enough to get a few good names at least. So I think I will try Fabulous this time, I have heard some positive experiences with them.
Today I just read about steadyniche.com. Does anybody know if this could be a little better than parking domains? I'm planning on using a few names with steadyniche.com and then park the rest and hopefully in a few weeks see which direction to choose.

Thanks again.

Best,
Mogens

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom