Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How Do I Make A Few Bucks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyser soze

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I currently have about 7 or 8 names registered and parked at sedo, currently making next to bugger all on PPC, how do I generate traffic and make a few extra beer tokens ??

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go with domainsponsor.com initially. I've found that sedo pays poorly. If your names are not generic and have no links etc try developing them into a few simple pages and add google adsense - you can find the keywords that are best suited to your domains using either overture or wordtracker - that will give you a kick start in regards to search engine optimisation. If you build up some traffic that way and add some links you can always park them later if you get tired of maintaining the sites. Hope this helps.

evibe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ed30 said:
Go with domainsponsor.com initially. I've found that sedo pays poorly. If your names are not generic and have no links etc try developing them into a few simple pages and add google adsense - you can find the keywords that are best suited to your domains using either overture or wordtracker - that will give you a kick start in regards to search engine optimisation. If you build up some traffic that way and add some links you can always park them later if you get tired of maintaining the sites. Hope this helps.

Thats right Ed.

Sedo does not pay very much but, is a great place to sell domain names
( and the escrow is also very good )

When you have a lot domains i would suggest Fabulous
and domainhop is a great place when you are new to the business.

Good luck in this industry!!

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised to see a click for $2 at sedo 2 days ago, but that only happened once :( I make pennies with sedo i think I should switch to ds.

keyser soze

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
most clicks i get are in the 0.03 - 0.10 range so was surprised to see a 0.80 click :approve: still think i will move elsewhere tho, thanks for the advice

larrylim

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
** MOD EDIT ** Deleted Self-Promotion

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may only advertise in the designated advertising forums. Do not self-promote your websites, domains, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, or replying to a post. Violators will be issued warning points.

tylerc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had my best luck with earning at sedo by first creating a page for a domain name, optimizing on page features for the keywords that I think will do best and getting the domain listed in the major search engines in reasonably good position.

Then I move it to sedo. It takes a few months before it starts to drop in the serp position.
Sedo just doesn't do a terrific job of optimization IMHO

spyder

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
<<<<
<<<<
Hi everyone.
Would it then be accurate to assume that almost all the traffic I am getting at sedo is from type-ins?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
spyder said:
<<<<
<<<<
Hi everyone.
Would it then be accurate to assume that almost all the traffic I am getting at sedo is from type-ins?

It is safe to assume type-ins if you reged the domains and did not put up any site before parking the domains, if you purchased the domains then it might be a different story.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doesn't DS & Fab require you to have 100 quality domains first? If Keyser only has 7 or 8 names, he's better off going to Goldkey.

I agree with the comments about Sedo. In my experience I haven't earned much from their parking program.

Ok. How many pages should I put-up for a newly regged domain? 1, 5, more? Should I put Adsense on them? Is using a template ok? When would you move to parking?... Google serps page what?... 5?

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Concentrate on getting better names that generate type-in traffic. I suggest putting some names at GoldKey because they have the greatest "For Sale" link in the world. They don't even take a commission for the leads (I should get a commissin from them for talking them up all the time). I have over 3,000 names and at least 75 percent are at GoldKey. Over ninety percent of my income is from selling names to people who inquired through their For Sale link. PPC is pretty good, but the truth about PPC is that too much money and time is spent chasing a little bit with average names. I treat PPC as a bonus....I bought a bunch of names this summer from the daily list at Expired Domains.com.....I registered them for $8 and have sold many for hundreds of dollars and a few for more than that. Try Snap Names as well. Concentrate on marketing your best names.....if you spend too much time on the underperformers you will never get even on them.

There are a lot of great domains available on this board.....I would stick to brandable domains that someone with great names is unloading.....one person's trash is another's treasure, and someone's least valuable name might become your most valuable one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom